jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Insane Alaskan Senator Thinks That Women Should Have To Take Pregnancy

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Women Should  To Take Pregnancy Tests Before Drinking In Bars
    By Stacey Ritzen / 03.26.14

State Senator Pete Kelly (R) of Alaska has an awesome plan to eradicate fetal alcohol syndrome. Just make high-falutin’ ladies who want to drink alcohol take a pregnancy test first! His plan is to make pregnancy tests — not condoms — available in bars and restaurants so stupid women who don’t understand their bodies as well as crusty old white farts can make sure they’re not with child before fully enjoying a night out.

Have we gone back in time as far as women's rights is concerned?  Or is this a genuine concern for the future children in the state?

http://www.uproxx.com/up/2014/03/insane … ests-bars/

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Shrug.  The worst outcome would be free pregnancy tests in bars.  I see this as laughable but unimportant except in showing how out of touch this guy is. Compared, for example, the health insurance challenge to actually stop people from having birth control covered.

3. Superkev profile image85
    Superkevposted 2 years ago

Seems to me what he is saying is that the tests should be *available* in a bar, not that anyone should be forced to use them.

Dumb idea anyhow but leave it to the breathless left to make it sound as if he is trying to force women to take them.

Just more lefty hysterics, as usual.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

He is also saying condoms should not be available, which is more of an issue but not actually something under his control--so ho hum.  A politician is an idiot.

4. Astra Nomik profile image73
    Astra Nomikposted 2 years ago

Honestly... this sounds like some wild crazy plot from a film about the Nazi era or something. Is he serious? Pregnancy tests?

So that's straight bars....

What about all the other kind of bars....? Or has he managed to figure that one out yet?

Wait, I know what you're thinking ... don't go there. Okay. I won't. LOL tongue

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Either that or some purely political move to placate and garner votes from a small specific group of people.  As such it would not be unusual - "Look!  I did what you asked, but no one would agree to it!".