jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What happen to the Malaysian Airline that was lost

1. Livingoom profile image61
    Livingoomposted 2 years ago

About  10 days ago a Malaysian airline 370 lost from radar. From then still no clue about that plane . What might happen God knows. Many people says many things  but what might happen really. Now

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I find the data tracking it to the Indian Ocean to be quite convincing.  It may take quite a while but I think they will find the debris there.

3. Ahzreen profile image59
    Ahzreenposted 2 years ago

Please explain to me how a plane made out of steel, aluminum, some titanium and miles of electric cable can disappear when there are commercial mining satellites up there that can detect metal deposits a mile or more into the crust of the Earth? The only way this will unravel is to know exactly who was on that plane, and what they were connected to, because human History has been playing this story on repeat for thousands of years. If we actually put together a real investigation and used the technology we have at hand, this would no longer be a "mystery".

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

None of those satellites is capable of finding a plane lost in the Indian ocean.  For that they will have to get a boat out there and fish them up.  Which ultimately they will do.  But the ocean, well, it is not small, nor is it shallow. The search team expressed it roughly as: we have not begun looking for the needle yet, we are still searching for the haystack.

1. Ahzreen profile image59
        Ahzreenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

ASTER was old news almost fifteen years ago. Satellite based spectroscopes of modern level tech have use of spectrum levels that are not affected by water even at depths of 4,000 meters. Sorry, but no one can convince me that there is not a satellite in the sky right now, be it military, private sector or what ever that can not detect large chunks of metal in a finite area.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

I looked at the ASTER website and it doesn't say anything about detecting metal that is underwater or even underground. It said it found 'mineralised areas' on the surface of the land from visual data -- basically the color of the dirt.  So... I think you might have an unrealistic idea about what ASTER does. http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Featur … ospecting/

That said plain old visual spectrum satellites do seem to have found the debris--we just need to get ships there to pick it up before it sinks.