jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Vaccines – Is the flu vaccine really effective against Influenza?

1. sannyasinman profile image60
    sannyasinmanposted 3 years ago

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie— deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917–1963)
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/effectiven … za/5376190

Vaccines are BIG business. Have you had your flu shot yet?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Other than an irrelevant quote from JFK (which you reproduced for some reason) you link has nothing to do with the flu vaccine except to make the unsupported claim that it is ineffective. 

Do you have anything else?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Yes, because clinical trials show it reduces you chance of getting the flu and reduced your chances of giving the flu to another person who might be harmed or killed by it.

Being a responsible person, my choice was obvious.

1. sannyasinman profile image60
      sannyasinmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I will let JFK reply on my behalf . .

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie— deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought". – John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917–1963)

So true, so true and so appropriate with regard to the various myths about vaccines, their effectiveness and their safety.

However, should you decide to actually think about it for yourself, consider the simple question presented here . . .
      http://preventdisease.com/news/12/04021 … nate.shtml

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your link has absolutely nothing to do with the efficacy of the flu vaccine.  If you wish to claim it is ineffective, shouldn't you be providing proof of that instead of repeating irrelevant quotations and giving scare stories about other vaccines?

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I go by the clinical trials.  Vaccines do reduce rates of infection.  I am health enough to tolerate flu, but some people I interact with are elderly or chronically ill--so I need to think of them also.

working