jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

In a year of President Obama's second term, what grade would YOu give

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

him as president and why? Secondly, how will President Obama will remembered as a leader of this country?

1. 84
      Education Answerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

He'll be remembered for failed foreign policy.  Can we call if policy?

He'll be remembered for scandals, whether considered real or not.

He'll be remembered for Obamacare and all its controversies.

He'll be remembered for massive debt.

He'll be remembered for the stimulus and a slow recovery.

He'll be remembered like Carter is but with slightly greater fondness among the Left.  After all, he was popular enough to win a second term.

2. HowardBThiname profile image91
      HowardBThinameposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I give him a D+

He probably did the best he could with his limited knowledge of leadership, but he tends not to analyze the long-term effects of his actions. He's cocky, arrogant and obnoxious, all of which would be tolerable if he just didn't make such huge foreign policy errors, which have led to the increase of terrorism in the Middle East.

Eventually, that could work its way over here.

3. 0
      mbuggiehposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, since  the course of Obama's presidency is not over, we cannot predict outcomes in terms of grading.

This said, history and historians will temporarily judge President Obama as good or bad or as successful or failed---as they have judged all presidents. And then, something will happen or change and the judgments will begin anew and probably with different outcomes then the first few hundred or first few thousand judgments.

2. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 2 years ago

At least he's somewhat attractive. That's all I got for you. sorry. Ears a little too big though.

3. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 2 years ago via iphone

He has done a lot given all the adversity, divided political parties and fringe factions. He also has to overcome racial discrimination (shame on Americans for that!!!). He's got the most difficult job in the world, in my opinion. So given all of that, I give him and "A". I don't think that any other person could do better than what he's done given the legacy government that he inherited and etc. We can always wish for a perfect president who can do anything, but that's not how our government was set up to run: the president's powers are limited by the other branches of government and by the people. But, he has great power and wields it wisely, in my opinion. He's a good representative for our diverse country, too! Could he do any better? No, otherwise I'm sure he would (that's all any person can do—their best). Could someone else have done any better? I really doubt it. He inherited a lot of political garbage that he's had to overcome as best he could. Just my opinions, of course.

1. grand old lady profile image87
      grand old ladyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree:).

4. 84
    Education Answerposted 2 years ago

I'm a conservative.  You know how I feel about President Obama's politics.

Let me quantify how deep my dislike for President Obama's politics is.  President Clinton, a liberal, was light years better than President Obama.  Gore would have been a great leader when compared to President Obama.  Hillary Clinton would have been better and may end up being better if elected.  Kerry would have been better.  Bullwinkle would have been better.   

I can't think of a single serious candidate, on either side of the aisle, who had less experience.  I can't think of a single serious candidate, on either side of the aisle, that would have been more polarizing.

Now, it's sad that I have to say this, but I know what the typical reply is, racism.  Frankly, I don't care about whether he's black or not.  I don't care about whether he's male or female.  I don't care about where he's from.  I don't care about any of this garbage.  I believe he is a failure of a president.  That has nothing to do with his skin color, but anytime somebody says President Obama is a failure, it inevitably becomes a big issue about bigotry.