jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

NBA Donald Sterling Proves Racism Is Dying in America

1. GA Anderson profile image85
    GA Andersonposted 3 years ago

I bet that headline got your attention!

But I think the answers to two simple questions explain it.

(if you didn't know - he is an NBA team owner, (the Clippers), caught on tape making bigoted racist statements)

First question:
    Who is on record supporting and defending him? - No one!

Second question:
    Who is condemning him? Everyone!

The great majority of Americans; people, groups, and organizations of every persuasion and ethnicity are just shaking their heads at the idiocy of the man's statements, (and publicly lambasting him, and calling for the NBA to kick him out, and screaming for his head, and already shunning him).

Conclusion:  In a nation of 300+ million people there are always going to be isolated individuals who are just idiots. Even if there were a million Donald Sterlings - that is only .003% - that means that 99.997% of Americans see his attitude as wrong!

Considering where we were just 50 years ago when a governor stood in the school house doors trying to defy the Civil Rights Act - that is impressive progress!

Hmmm.. maybe this guy would be a more suitable candidate for Quill's invitation.

Just sayin'

GA

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This guy is a rich idiot who thinks his money exempts him from the rules of common decency.  It won't happen but it would be great if everyone quit attending the Clippers games.

GA Andersonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you are right on both points. my point was that the public's reaction shows he is the exception and bot the norm in today's society.

GA

2. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I concur, GA, thanks!

GA Andersonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for weighing in. always good to hear from you.

GA

3. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

At least the news media has let us all know what kind of jerk this guy really is. That in itself is progress.

2. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 3 years ago

I wonder how many of us are truly able to HONESTLY cast the first stone." I am ready to say, "Not one." "If walls could talk," who would be able to stand?

I am not saying that Sterling is not a racist. I am simply saying that all who are in favor or his condemnation have automatically condemned themselves. Who hasn't made racist comments privately whether they were sincere or just angry?

He is probably suffering a senior crisis? Apparently, he and the girl made unwise choices.

3. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

From my basic understanding of the situation, Sterling's girlfriend bated him into saying some racists remarks.  Sterling of course records all his conversations because he forgets things all the time, so in a way...they're both idiots. 

I think once the clippers rid themselves of him, then they'll be better off.  the nba doesn't need a racist owner ruining their image.

working