jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Thasnks to the Political and Social Issues Forum Participants.

1. GA Anderson profile image85
    GA Andersonposted 2 years ago

Lots of threads rehashing the same issues - just different wording. Lots of opinions - reasonable and fantastical and outright looney.

That is what I see in threads in the Political and Social Issues forums.

Here's one that I haven't seen.

A thank you! A thank you to all participants for providing an extremely enjoyable experience for me. Yep, this one is all about me.

I really enjoy forum conversations. Some are so nutty I can't participate without being condescendingly  sarcastic - so I try to refrain. (not always successfully).

But... I spend 6 to 12 hours  a day sitting in front of my screen writing code and content. And that can get very tedious after a while. Along comes 10pm and the rest of my household heads for bed, Now is my time.

Out comes 1.5, (or usually 2), Stolis' martinis, the ear buds, and a couple hours of good music - and Hubpages forum responses.

I get to state my opinions, argue that I am right, point our who is an idiot, or learn something new, (trust me, I really do appreciate the opportunity to learn something new, or correct an incorrect perception).

There are a half dozen names I would mention as prime participants in my thanks, but then I would probably miss, (and slight), another equally entertaining half dozen or so folks - so here is my toast to you....

Whether you are a nutcase I have to refrain from criticizing,  a thoughtful perspective that differs from mine, or a member of the choir - thanks for participating in my threads, and allowing me to participate in yours.

Here's to a Hubpages forums salute... clink-clink...

ps. that wasn't just the Stolis talking....

GA

1. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am very sorry to see your talent and fairness exit this arena. Having been here awhile I can't tell you what a breath of fresh air it is to see your avatar and name commenting on a subject as I know it will be of substance and good taste. I hope you reconsider after a short sabbatical as dialog and not wars are the best answer to the issues of the day.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't think Mr. Anderson was saying goodbye.  Just thanks.  Sounded to me like he likes it here and is planning to keep playing.  smile

I hope you are right.

2. GA Anderson profile image85
        GA Andersonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Slow down. That was just a thank you - not an exit.

But thanks for the kind words.

GA

Very cool! cool

working