jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Another JUICY Pearl from Robertson Patriarch

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

In a Fox news report dated 5/23/14, patriarch Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty stated that LBGT people are not going to heaven.   Mr. Robertson indicated that LBGT people are akin to thieves, drunks and adulterers.   He added that such people are in other words......HELL-bound.   What will Mr. Robertson say next, the "wonders" never cease to "amaze" one.    The issue regarding tolerance and diversity is amiss with Mr. Robertson.   Mr. Robertson seems to be living in a different century than many of us.  It is NO ONE'S concern if anyone is LBGT.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is still a relatively hot topic in our society.
        In my opinion, what Phil Robertson says is no different than what John Doe down the street says.
        People have their beliefs for religious or personal reasons, whether we want them to or not, whether they are celebrities or not, and they have a right to have their own opinions.
        I know a lot of people who think I'm going to hell. Do I care? No. It's their opinion and I quite frankly don't give a fuck.
        Should people broadcast their negative opinions on television? Probably not, out of respect. However, we are entitled to free speech.
        The difficult part is differentiating between free speech and hate speech.

2. Onusonus profile image86
      Onusonusposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think Mr. Robertson is well aware of what tolerance looks like. The liberal version where it's okay to tolerate other people's opinions as long as they agree with the liberal. Then there is regular tolerance, where everyone gets to voice their own opinion without fear of reprisal. Liberals don't believe in the second one.

3. GA Anderson profile image86
      GA Andersonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Is Mr. Robertson an authority we all must respect, or is he just like the rest of us - someone with an opinion?

Mr. Robertson's opinion is based on his beliefs - what right do you have to declare your beliefs more valid than his? (ahh... remember we are not talking about extremes here - no aliens or human sacrifices)

My mama told me tolerance is a virtue, do you think all of us are virtuous? Are only the virtuous right?

Yes, his values and beliefs may be from another century, (but I would argue they are from another culture of belief), and I too may believe he is wrong, but I have no confidence that I am entitled condemn him in this arena. It appears you do.

4. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This has to be the biggest so what I ever heard. As most have no regard for what common people such as myself and others have to say or believe what gives this guy any more consideration.

2. 61
    Tesha Ellisposted 2 years ago

I feel like people over reacted about the whole thing. I mean he is older right and obviously old-fashioned.

3. 0
    ebell1posted 2 years ago

Yea I kinda gotta agree, number one free speech and sorry but hate speech is free speech too. Religious beliefs are free. I hate the beliefs of a lot of religious factions but do I get bent out of shape because of what they think or say? Nope couldn't give a sh*t. Finally how is what he is saying personally effecting you? What you don't like it? Get on the whiners train with the rest of the babies. Hopefully along the way you will learn about something called real life where people don't HAVE to care about what offends you. We are just burning space on this issue and that's all.