jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Alan Levene's peace plan for Israel!

1. maxoxam41 profile image79
    maxoxam41posted 2 years ago

llan Levene (photo), a member of the Republican Party who is seeking his party’s nomination for the Congressional elections in four different states, has come up with a novel peace plan for Israel.

Israel would return to the 1967 borders and receive in exchange a portion of Texas (roughly 8,000 square miles, almost the equivalent of the surface area of Massachusetts) which would then become an independent state.

This is the first time since the creation of the State of Israel that a Jewish person has raised the prospect of moving it out of Palestine. This brings us back to the situation that prevailed in the Zionist movement from the seventeenth to the late nineteenth century: a purely colonial project detached from biblical myths.

Voltaire Network

Voltaire, international edition

Focus

News in Brief

Controversies

Diplomatic Wire

Documentary

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Interesting. I'm guessing Palestinians aren't exactly singing his praises.

maxoxam41posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Can you be more explicit?

I'm no expert on the subject, so I was hesitant to say much. If I provide false information while being more explicit, please correct me. My understanding is that Palestinians and Israelites have been warring with each other for an extensive period of time. The US has received much criticism for its seemingly more positive treatment of Israel and my guess was that the Palestinians would have a cow should the US choose to do this, because it would be allowing Israel onto our land. This is an obvious gesture of friendship. If Palestinians choose to take a "if you're not for us, then you're against us" attitude, then I'm guessing the US doesn't want to mixed up in a centuries old war zone. From the information I have received, the US has tried to appear as neutral as possible in this whole conflict. I have a distinct feeling that Israel would not agree with a proposal like that. Their government and culture is steeped in religious history and monuments--all of which reside in the "Holy Land." I don't think that's something they would want to give up.
          Again, you appear to be well informed on this, so if I provided any false information, please correct me.

maxoxam41posted 2 years ago in reply to this

If a people will praise him the Palestinians will the ones. The ones that may disagree are us.
            If I recall well most of the funds towards Israel originated from the US. After Israel, the US is the country that counts a maximum of Jews among its population. This solution seems almost natural.

I agree, they would be happy to see Israel go, but would they not be wary of us? So I guess it's a win-lose situation. Probably mostly to their benefit, though. Israel would be somewhat out of their hair. But I don't think this would stop the conflict with Israel. They're going to hate each other until one or the other is obliterated.

I think most US citizens would hate that idea. I agree.

I personally don't care either way. I don't like the U.S. or its government, so introducing a different nation to our land would make no difference to me.

2. maxoxam41 profile image79

So far the ones that are being obliterated are the Palestinians, an ad campaign that is running in Boston is VERY explicit as for the Israeli treatment of the Palestinians.
    It is to your honor to be critical of the US and its government at a young age.

If I may ask, what do you think of both Israel and Palestine.

As far as questioning my own government, it just seems like the smart thing to do. Too many Americans, unaware of the corruption they live under, blindly trust their government because it is easier, safer, and more comfortable to do so. A comfortable lie is easier to accept than a painful truth. We have become lazy. Not alert. Uninformed. If history can be trusted, this story has a grim ending. Everything that is happening points to corruption, lies, control, and eventual disaster for our freedom. We pride ourselves on blindly saying we are the greatest country in the world. Just because I live here doesn't mean I should like it. Nationality too often skews our judgement of our own country. That sounds unpatriotic, but it is even more unpatriotic to let the citizens of our country be put through such deceit. Unfortunately I get labeled as anti-American and a conspiracy theorist. My response is: if history be any guide at all, I have every reason to believe in conspiracies.

wow that was long. I'll stop now.

3. maxoxam41 profile image79

I fully agree with you. I love my country but strongly disagree with the bubbleheads that govern us.
    I am pro-Palestinian as I was pro-Irish when England stepped on their land.

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Are you native American then Maxoxam?
      Where you Pro native American when the English stepped on their land then? And what would you do to give their land back to them, where would you move for that matter?

Are you saying that there were no Jews in Palestine before the Romans called it that? When did the Palestinians arrive in the area then?
      I do know there were Jews and Arabs in Palestine long before a select few started calling themselves Palestinians, I believe that started to become more prevalent after Jordan lost its war against the Jews!

working