DC Comics denies a dying child's wish

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

According to young turks, a little 5 year old boy died after being abused by his grand parents.  He was locked up in a basement surrounded by his own feces.  He was also a huge dc fan; superman specifically.  Needless to say, he's dead now, but a lot of people felt bad for him that they wanted to organize something to honor the kid by making a statue of him that shows him donning his superman pajamas.  Well, they asked DC entertainment about it, and they rejected it.  Now, they're getting a lot of heat for it, as the media are making them out to be corporate a**holes that should just allow these people to make the statue. 

Personally, I don't see any harm in DC saying "yes" to allowing these people to build this statue.  I mean it's a sweet gesture, and it's not like DC has anything to lose from it.  If anything, it'll be great pr for them when they promote the new batman vs superman film a couple of years from now.  But then again, maybe they were scared that by allowing them to do it that it would somehow associate their characters with child abuse, and cause a pr nightmare for them.  Ironically like the young turks pointed out, that's exactly what they got anyway.

Plus, I'm surprised that young turks didn't vilify the grandparents more in all this, as they're the ones responsible for the child's death, so shouldn't we focus on hating them?  I don't know.  Anyways, what are your thoughts on this? 

Oh by the way, if you guys want to know more, then please click on the link below

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

THIS is HORRENDOUS, poor precious child was treated in the most abominable way.  Poor little precious entity of God.  He's in heaven now.  There should be something done to remember this child, a child who NEVER got a chance of life. I am crying now as I write this.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, i don't disagree.  I hope those grandparents got what they deserved because no child deserves to be treated like that.  Although from watching the young turks follow up video, it looks like it was not just him that was abused but his siblings as well that were abused by these horrible people. 

However, it looks like DC miraculously changed their minds though about the whole thing, as it looks like they agreed to allow these people to build the statue using the superman logo after all.  Although, it's confusing that they would upload the follow up video a few days ago, and post the one prior to it today?  that's weird.  However, I'm glad to see DC came to their senses, but I still think it's sad though.  I mean the kid was only five years old..he didn't deserve to die like this.  It just saddens me that something like that would happen to the kid. 

by the way, here's the follow up video link for those interested: