jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

Do you believe that the influx of illegals to America will cause even

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9097660_f520.jpg
    more discrimination and prejudice towards the Latino population?  According to the Daily Press dated 7/13/2014, the continuing influx of Latino immigrants, whether illegal or not, is causing tensions between Latinos and Blacks in the Deep Southern states as there is fiercer competition for jobs. 

Alabama's Latino population has tripled to 75,830 ; however, Latinos comprise only 2 percent of the Alabama population. In states such as Mississippi, Lousiana, and Arkansas, Latinos comprise less than 5% of the population of those states.   The Southern Poverty Law Center has documented more than 20 protests against Latino immigration within the past 2 years in the Deep South.

In Georgia, Black legislators have defeated a bill which would include Latinos as minorities along with Blacks. The bill would have allowed companies to receive tax breaks for hiring Latinos as well as Blacks.  There is more intense competition between Latinos and Blacks as the latter displaced the former as the largest minority in America. 

According to HG.org Legal Resources, civil right advocates fear with the worsening of the economy, there is a greater likelihood that there will be an increase in discrimination against Latinos as it is believed by many that Latinos are taking away jobs from Americans.  According to a Huffington Post article, the immigration issue has sparked an increase in hate crimes against Latinos as Latinos are associated with illegal immigration. The article state that the immigration issue and influx of immigrants resulted in an increase of extremist groups.

1. Superkev profile image85
      Superkevposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Wow, all those black folks must be RAAACCCCIIISSSTTTTTSSSSSSSS.

Come on liberals, were is your righteous indignation now? Is this not the very definition of racism being perpetrated by one of your preferred victim classes upon your other preferred victim class?

Who do you defend? Who do you protest?? Which will you hate? Are you going to scream racist at African-Americans now? Where are your signs, your protests, your calls for reform and tolerance???

Hypocrites, the bloody lot of you.

1. John Holden profile image59
        John Holdenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I thought Grace was African American which blows your whole rant out of the water.

1. Sed-me profile image83
          Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Grace is AA, I am a conservative... superkev is a marine that curses like a sailor and John lives across the pond. Now that we know who we are, maybe we could learn who they are and recognize that molds aren't worth a frak.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
            gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

GREAT ANSWER, sed-me.+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!

2. John Holden profile image59

Exactly.

2. Superkev profile image85

Once again John, you make absolutely no sense.

I am asking where are all the perpetually offended liberals now? Any other group proposing legislation like that would have been excoriated by the ACLU, NAACP, Black Congressional  caucus and every other perpetually aggrieved, race baiting organization and you know it, or maybe you don't being from Blighty.

Has nothing to do with gmwilliams and you know it. Or at least you should.

Sed-me, I am a Marine, ergo, I cuss like a Marine. Thank you.

My whole point is that. . . .ah if I tell you I'll get suspended again.

1. Superkev profile image85

Chicken tongue

Yup, that's me.
                That's for a whole other thread on why some can slag others off without problems and others get suspended for they no not what.

2. Sed-me profile image83
                Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's funny, his pic and name are posted boldly. You cuss "bravely" behind a silhouette (a word I can spell without spell check btw.)

2. Zelkiiro profile image82
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

You expect logic and reason from the Bible Belt?

1. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We are here and we are making noise...Southern democrats just don't have the purse to speak as loudly.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Sadly, yes.  In many areas if you look Latino you have to carry your papers with you and expect delays in your commute.

4. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

I wonder how many negative experiences of discrimination they would experience were they to visit this site. There must be at least 5 threads alone dedicated to their downfall.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The downfall of Latinos?  I've been out for a couple of days, and may have missed some, but can't recall any at all?

working