jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Report: Female Interns Earn Only Three-Fourths Of...

1. GA Anderson profile image87
    GA Andersonposted 2 years ago

Is this "Legal Discrimination?"

Female Interns Earn Only Three-Fourths Of College Credit That Male Counterparts Do

Although this report did not state these were only Congressional intern stats, its further reference to a 4% decrease in female sexual harassment complaints in the workplace definitely points a behind-the-hand finger at the field of Political Science internships.

Source: Institute for Women’s Policy Research Report

1. Old Poolman profile image81
      Old Poolmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Who dreamed up this plan?  Is it in writing or is this just the way things are done?  Some person or persons decided this is the way it should be so this question needs to be directed to them.

2. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

"The Onion is an American digital media company and news satire organization. It runs an entertainment website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news."
      [Ed.: underscore added]
      Have you been pranked, GA, or are you trying to prank us! big_smile

1. GA Anderson profile image87
        GA Andersonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Geesh Quill, stop raining on my parade!

With all the "serious" racism discussions I thought a little perspective-adjustment might be in order. As in, just who the hell do we think we are? Righteous indignation and kumbahya campfires... count me out.

And you have to spoil it by revealing the man behind the curtain.

Oh well.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I was about to say, I read this on The Onion's Facebook page just a little while ago!