jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

More "abuse" is found in the nfl

1. Doc Young profile image81
    Doc Youngposted 2 years ago

And what should we expect ... but first ... what is abuse ... another worn out word with no parameters for definition ... how many time have folks been outraged by the government for taking kids out of environments that the government, without specific criteria, has deemed unsuitable and abusive ... how many times has the government not done what it is supposed to an a child suffered ... but ... what's that term ... "slippery slope" ... where does it begin ...

... now as to the "abuse in the nfl ... the frenzy has begun ... and you can bet the nba, mbl and nhl will feel it shortly ...

... and what can you expect ... sports has, if you will, become is the new plantation ... high schools are the new "far countries" ... colleges are the new slave ships ... agents are the new slave traders ... the coaches are the new overseers ... and the owners are the new "massas" ...

... consider, these players are "bred" for the life starting at an very early age ... first they bang heads for 19-20 years which has been proven to cause brain damage ... then if they show an aptitude for a sport, they are allowed to skate in academics ... then if they stay lucid enough to know what a ball (or puck) is they make the 1st string ... then they are taught to be violent in every action, actually try to put the opposing players out of the game ... then they are "supported" by the alumni in high school with awards and a "hands off" attitude when they err ...  this begins to bring out the growing narcissis syndrome ... then they are support by the alumni with cars and clothes ... then they begin to realize they are young gods to be adored ... then they are put on the "slave block and the bidding begins (the draft) ... then  new "massas buys dem" ... they are given money, wine and women ... and a promise of 3 more years, 4 more years, more money, more wine, more women ... as long at they keep performing ...

... of course not all players are the same ... many do not fit this mold ... we are addressing a select group ... but that group is not small and it is taught from an early age to react, to be violent, to not consider consequences ... its part of the game ...

... one cannot defend abuse (if we can identify it and not from a personal opinion) ... but we must consider that many of these who will become headliners shortly in this new frenzy were manufactured by the real abusers ... the money makers of pro sports ...

1. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You just can't point at the NFL as other esteemed posts suffer the same scandals. A US Judge was arrested on domestic violence charges recently.

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/feder … stic-abuse

Doc Youngposted 2 years ago in reply to this

... i would agree ... but ya gotta start somewhere to develop the criteria for what constitutes abuse ... the nfl is the hot potato presently ... if they go overboard here in dealing with it the flood gates open for the "abuse hypochondriacs" ... if they hide it then, in the long run, you make it harder to get relief from real abuse because you now have added in the fear of added civil liabilities for "false" reports using the standards set locally by case law ... of course they can be turned of in higher courts but you need a bunch of money or a dedicated group to get to the next level ... and no, this last is not stretching it ... that is the way it works for the "have nots" ... in the meantime, these issues will continue to be adjudicated by the system of "in my opinion" which is not a standard ... finally, you through somebody in the sacrificial flames, everyone is happy and we go back to normality, that being ... nothing really changed ...

1. rhamson profile image77
          rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I know you are right but we are "run" by the media on hotbed issues to a fault. My point is that it has always been going on and we just now take a closer look at it? The NBA was targeted a few years ago with all the "babies daddies" which makes me wonder how rampant this thing is across all sports.

I guess I am tired of the "hot' story as the lead and if it is not hot enough the way they beat on it is disingenuous to say the least.

... thank you ... lucid and on point ...

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

The parameters seem to be things that are illegal, like knocking a woman unconscious, imprisoning a woman against her will, and hitting a four year old hard enough to leave marks that can be seen days later.  Those are the last three cases--you think none of them qualify as 'abuse'? Really?

... my, my, my ... such a confrontational attitude for a ... "psychologist" as i believe you call yourself? ... but we must also note a liberal ideology in the response, liberal in that it does not address the subject or offer any input ... it only espouses a position based on that ideology ... and this because in most cases the subject matter is not understood, too heady for the average liberal and they have nothing positive to offer so chiding becomes the tool of choice  ... let me help ... the subject is toward "what makes abusers and the criteria that might be used in identifying and pursuing abusers ...  but course personal opinion is welcome, especially when based on personal experience rather than scripted by the group ...

working