jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Ken Burns Roosevelt Documentry

1. GA Anderson profile image87
    GA Andersonposted 2 years ago

Any body watched the FDR documentary series yet?

Last part is tomorrow night, (Sunday),  but so far it has been as impressive as hell, and I believe truthfully portrayed.

I was already changing my perspective of FDR in recent years, and so far this series makes me feel justified in that change.

Argue about his "New Deal" programs, as we will, appearances are that he was a true American and a pragmatic politician.

For the ladies, it makes Elanor Roosevelt look like a First Lady of the First order. Just as much a true American as her husband.

1. rhamson profile image75
      rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have caught pieces of it and hope to watch the whole thing. I wish they would not run these documentaries during baseball season. smile

1. GA Anderson profile image87
        GA Andersonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can see your problem. At least there is a good chance the Roosevelt series will be rerun. Or maybe it may be available as an On-Demand feature from your cable company. Or maybe your might stumble across the DVD set really cheap.

Either way, it really is well done and very informative - and not really a spin job. It even deals with his New Deal "mistakes" and his attempt to "pack" the Court, (but without partisan fervor). I hope you get to catch it. Your participation in these forums tells me it might be something you would enjoy.

2. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi, GA, You betcha! I have been following the series religiously. I have been dee-lighted. Ken Burns always remains at the top of my list.  I hope that all is well.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Didn't watch the series on television but I have the dvd set and INTEND to watch it either Sunday or Monday.  I am a history buff and the Roosevelts are one of my favorite subjects.