jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Research articles from Wikipedia

1. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 24 months ago

When I checked my account today, I saw I have two broken links on two different Hubs.  These were links to Wikipedia where I found some of my research.  I get an error when I click on those links.
    Does Wikipedia ever unpublish their articles on subjects?

These are both old Hubs, so I'm wondering why now I would get a broken link notice from Wikipedia.

Since I cannot link to Wikipedia as a source, should I state that I got some information from them in the Hub itself??

1. 0
      sheilamyersposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I've had the same problem with old links to Wikipedia and other sites. If I can't find the information in order to form a new, working link, I type into the name of the website into the text of the hub. I also check to see if that site still exists. Of course, Wikipedia would still be there, but other sites have been closed. If the latter is the case, I also add a note stating the website is no longer available.

1. mary615 profile image95
        mary615posted 24 months ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I'll mention Wikipedia as a source of some of my research in the Hub itself.  Thanks so much.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 24 months ago

Wikipedia pages can be deleted or renamed for various reasons.

3. envllc profile image60
    envllcposted 24 months ago

When I am doing research on subjects, I review information on Wikipedia. If I find the information relevant I will go to the bottom of the page and go to the source they got the information from. I have often been told that Wikipedia shouldn't really be sourced since it is a conglomeration of data.