jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Sony Hackers are threatening a 9/11 style attack on movie theaters

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

According to various sources, Sony was hacked recently this year, where a lot of private e-mails were leaked out from their corporate office.  Many of these e-mails confirmed rumors about Sony being in talks with Marvel about possibly having Spider-Man in the MCU down the line, to even confirming rumors that Sony was entertaining the idea of the "Jump Street" guys joining the "Men in Black."

However, Clevver movies reports now that it might get dangerous for moviegoers this holiday season.  According to reports, the Sony hackers are issuing a threat saying that if Sony releases the controversial movie, "The Interview", in theaters for Christmas as planned, then they will launch a full scale attack similar to what we saw on 9/11 on select movie theaters just to send a message to Sony and United States for the movie to be released.  Authorities still have no solid evidence who these hackers are, but their obvious number one suspect is North Korea because Kim Jong-Un did make it known to the media he wasn't pleased with the content of the interview movie, which involved two characters recruited by the cia to kill him. 

What are your thoughts on this?  Do you think Sony should back off from putting the movie out?  Or do you think they should release it anyway and lets the chips fall where they may?  Does this change your plans now that you know  if you take your family to the movies on christmas day that you could die?  Please share your thoughts below.

By the way, here's the video that I saw in case any of you want to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaaB1vO4Hfs

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's never a good idea to give blackmailers what they want.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
        Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Then what do you think Sony should do? And for that matter, does this change your plans if you and your family wanted to see a movie on christmas day?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think Sony should ignore it, and no it wouldn't affect my plans.  Sony is not in a position to supply security to movie theaters, nor should they be.  Again, giving in to terrorist threats sets a very bad precedent, and not one I would like to see.  Might as well adopt their faux religion now if that's the way we want to live.

working