jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

America's biggest threat may just be Americans.

1. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 21 months ago

Mass socio-political anxieties  now rule our media and our society  day by day  ,  there seems NO  two opinions alike in the public   forums whatsoever anymore ,  if one person says  the color is  white  someone else will say's  opaque ,   The general opinions of  idealistic youth now , more than ever , differ greatly from the   more generally   experienced  older crowd ,    Are the trials and tribulations  of a" free" society  just simply too much for the limitations  of its  own people ?  Is there now or has there ever been , any such people or country or  place where  such an society driven by social anxieties  exists or existed ?

Is America's  biggest enemy right now simply the mood , climate or manifestation  of the  socio-  maturity level  and direction , of it's own people ?

1. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

I believe as history will demonstrate that our system of Government has worked well to control the stress points within society over a considerable period of timeand under the most challenging of circumstances. As for the current environment, we will muddle through as we always have.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 21 months ago

Exactly. "Mass socio-political anxieties." Too much freedom to believe whatever we want based on our own ideologies and personal awarenesses, which gets down to one thing and one thing alone:

Personal Desires

As in doing, saying and thinking whatever I like based on whatever it is, in my little world, I happen to want... and am used to getting.

No one seems to have a feel for what we need to do and believe on a patriotic level.

And yet we live, breathe and owe our very lives to the existence of the Homeland.

We must consider the nation in the light of what is best for our survival and WAY OF LIFE.
    How best to take CARE of ourselves and each other.
    Bottom line:
    We need peace and Harmony. We need to be on the same page…maybe someday we will figure out what page that is…

I believe there is hope! We are still a very young nation.

And the internet was JUST born!

PS Thanks for an appropriate prompt, ahorseback.

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
      Castlepalomaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Agree with ahorseback

It is wise to look at yourself first before trying to change others

That would be the same for America.