jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Breaking stereotypes

1. Sed-me profile image82
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago
    1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This beautiful article left me speechless.  We all must look beyond the outer appearance and into the inner.  What a beautiful article, Sed-me and God bless you always.

Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, GM

2. bBerean profile image60
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yet another example where those who say it can't be done need to stay out of the way of those doing it.  Some of the most determined people I've known are those with "disabilities".  Don't ever count them out.  Were it not for those challenges these strong personalities might rule the world.

+1

2. Jodah profile image84
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

So beautiful and inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

3. Sed-me profile image82
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

Here's another beautiful story; one that will restore your hope that there are still decent ppl in the world.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/dad-div … 19772.html

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There's more to that story than Yahoo reports:
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … laims.html

Not a lot more to that story, but still good to have two sides included on any story. I think the dad's quote was hopeful. " I'll hold out the possibility in the future that there will be the possibility of a connection. 'The door will always be open. For that to happen she will need to fully accept Leo and take on her responsibilities as a mother."

4. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

I am always amazed at the connections - dis-connections between  familial , or "loved ones" in our world , you see it day to day , as an  keen observer of human nature   I see it in  all the 'categories' of relationships , favorite child ,    step- children ,  illegitimate children  ,   in  even the simplest day to day  "normalcy " of almost all  cultures .  You can see these same emotional manifestations right next to you everywhere . I hate you , I love you?     No surprises here .

5. Sed-me profile image82
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago
    1. ahorseback profile image46
      ahorsebackposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good pint Sed !  The best  people in  the world are those who give unselfishly in the face of such  difficulty  !  the rest of us are merely  selfish and self centered !

Let's hope we're all aiming toward something better.

6. ahorseback profile image46
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

Like smiles , ! Good deeds just can't help but be noticed !

working