jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Are you for or against animal testing?

1. MonkeyShine75 profile image82
    MonkeyShine75posted 2 years ago

Yes or no? Tell why you feel the way you do

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image82
    MonkeyShine75posted 2 years ago

I started to watch something about this, but I had a hard time watching them do it, and I didn't like the way they talked as though it was no big deal.

I'm torn here because animal research, and testing is good for finding cures for mankind, but so inhuman for animals.

They showed them removing two dogs blood, replacing it with another fluid. Then they froze them for three hours, put the blood back in, and revived the dogs.
    At that point I turned off the tv

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 2 years ago

Personally, I'd rather have them test a new cancer cure on an animal rather than on me. 

Cosmetics, though - I can't say the same for those.  When it comes down to causing an animal great distress/pain simply for something to make us look better it's a whole different story.

MonkeyShine75posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree, and cosmetics are so frivolous.

4. innersmiff profile image78
    innersmiffposted 2 years ago

I appreciate animals as much as the next guy, but I don't have much of a problem with it.

I think the Bible was right on this though I believe it can also be proven by logic: it is humanity's job to look after and study nature. Since we are the only animals us far that have displayed ability to reason, we have the right to dominion over the rest. Again, we have to look after them, but in exchange we are allowed to test on them, eat them and take their product. I think this is a fair exchange.

A personal note:
    Of all my 'extreme' views, this is the one I am most afraid of sharing with my friends, which I find baffling. Bloomin' animal lovers...Its amazing to me how a video of a woman shoving a cat into a bin causes worldwide outrage.

MonkeyShine75posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Because animals seem so innocent and, undeserving of abuse that it causes outrage in the minds of us who adore our pets (they're people too) smile

working