jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

What do you think about this video about Women Empowerment?

1. Be Like Water profile image87
    Be Like Waterposted 2 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12352167_f520.jpg
    Hey, Hubbers, watch this Vogue's women empowerment video by Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone. She has been taking a lot of heat for this. At first people praised her, but soon many began to criticize her. They say it's hypocritical. I personally agree with the message of the film.
    I wanted to know what Americans think about it. What is your opinion?

Here is the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtPv7IEhWRA

But first, a few things you must know.
    The concept of feminism is not so popular in India. Indian culture has always been unfair to women. Women are not considered as equals. Even though a minority of civilized people are against gender discrimination, it is a norm here. So even if she comes as a bit harsh, understand that there is lot of injustice here.
    So, please watch the video and tell me your opinion. Is it the same way in your country?

2. limpet profile image60
    limpetposted 2 years ago

There is no doubt Deepika Padukone is an accomplished performer in her own right and a successful business woman as well. I like the video clip, short and sweet, worth looking at over and over. If those suggesting a publicity stunt i would disagree, it is a social comment.
    !

Be Like Waterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for replying, Ian. I don't think it's a publicity stunt either. It's a message to a society which discriminates against women.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

I think this woman has been taken over by the globalists. Her message is selfish and corrupting.
    Also, she believes in taking medication for depression… as we did in the FIFTIES!   What ever happened to MEDITATION in
                                                 I N D I A   ? ?  ? !!!

Selfish and corrupting? Which part?
      I know meditation is very effective in fighting depression, but not many people in India practice yoga or meditation. It's also the country of Kamasutra, but in  modern India, sex is a bad word. Do it before marriage and you will be declared a slut.
      Today's India is all about money, superstitious religious practices, and television.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
        Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The message: I can do what I like… my choice…
        Not without consequences you can't!!!

4. limpet profile image60
    limpetposted 2 years ago

I'm one of Pika's multitude of fans. When I gaze into her countenance I see a certain nieve innocence to some extent. I shall still keep up in her following.

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Agree with the film, just show second  film to show more in depth of the education and responsibilities of this film.

Go to Edit Profile and select "no" in Show only Featured Hubs on my profile. I just noticed that your hubs are not visible on your profile page.
        I agree with you. They should make a second video. If you make such bold statements you have to explain them. You want to plant your idea in someone else's head, you've got to be as clear as possible.

The boldness comes from experience, until someone can prove I'm incorrect, which seldom dose not  happen. Can't do all the work.

5. Akriti Mattu profile image84
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

The video was good and it is the director's 'choice' to make it. A lot of people got stuck on the words, 'sex outside marriage' and somehow got the idea that the video is promoting adultery. The fact is that the video isn't about that. It talks about women having the choices to do whatever 'they' feel is right. No where in the video has the director mentioned that, "do this only" or "don't do this" or whether any of the choices made by women are "right" or "wrong". It is just about having a choice. That's all. The video was a good step in promoting empowerment towards the 'upper middle class' women. It doesn't really include rural India but then again , women in cities are women too and to assume that they have it all is not fair. Personally, i liked the video and unlike a lot of people did not find it offensive at all.

I had a wife who was the most negative person I've ever met in my life.

We separated as my love for her was dead. In her religious beliefs and in her mind she would not divorce me. After a few years I fell in love with another woman and we lived together and went in to business together. My wife prevented me from seeing my daughter for ten years as she told the courts I was a bad person, a bad husband and a bad father. She went to my entire family, friends, and partner and told them the same. Good thing they did not believe her and my daughter today is the love of my life.

Nothing is deader than a dead love, please religious people allow dead loves to move on to better and stronger love ones.

working