jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Accused Nazi Guard

1. RKHenry profile image80
    RKHenryposted 7 years ago

An accused former Nazi Guard, is facing deportation after being a resident of America for more than 57 years.  He is a retired auto union worker and gained his citizenship in 1958.  He has been allowed to marry, to have children and has been free to spend a relatively, ordinary life.  He is now being charged for killing 30,000 Jews in a Polish concentration camp.  His duties were to walk the Jews to the gas chamber.  For 57 years this man has been allowed life.  What good does it do now, to take his?  The damage is done.  The damage has been done.  The man is now feeble and sick.  They talk as if he might not make it to Germany for the trial.  Truly, what purpose does this serve?  Is this how justice should be served.  What justice is there when the man has already been allowed to live a happy life. 

1. 0
      C. C. Riterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

RK, maybe you should remove your link to your own hub. just a friendly warning before someone else may come down on you.

1. RKHenry profile image80
        RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

C. C. the link is to the news report found on the Christian Science Monitor.com website.  It doesn't go to my hub at all.  I often post forum topics subject to a hub I've written.  But I usually don't post my hub link.  Thanks for keeping me straight though.  But if you click on the link, you will be taken to the news webpage site, Christian Science Monitor.com.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago

It is really amusing to hear that a man in his late 80s is to be deported for his crimes in Nazi Germany, 65 years ago. Does the present authorities were unaware of his crimes all these years?  That too, the crimes were not committed on his own. It was then the state policy at that time. So, he may either be let to live in America or just sent out of America. He should not be deported to Germany, as there may be several people in support of nazism in present Germany. It will help only to rekindle their past glory and help revival of that policy. Better keep him in America!

(Another side of argument is that all human beings should be  made to realise their misdeeds at least in their last periods! Dying without repenting their crimes will make their life meaningless!)