Do you believe that the issue of police brutality and use of excessive

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (28 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12378103.jpg
    police force is an exaggeration, even a form of self defense against the more contentious elements of American society or do you contend that there IS police brutality, especially relating to those designated as minorities and/or the disadvantaged and/or disenfranchised?

1. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There IS police brutality, especially relating to those designated as minorities and/or the disadvantaged and/or disenfranchised.

2. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12394689.jpg

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12394692_f1024.jpg

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12394694.jpg

If this is what you want for your neighborhood, then yes, cops often use excessive force in stopping such actions.

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This is the result of police harassment, no jobs, crooked politicians, greedy ignorance of the economic health of its citizenry and frustration that has been building since the beginning of the race riots of 1968. See if you can still ignore this America.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Or just a complete lack of moral structure being instilled into the thugs doing it.  And yes, America will ignore it: recognizing that it is only a small minority that are stupid enough to destroy their neighborhood it will be re-built.  With many tears, but only from those that actually build rather than mindlessly destroy.

So the answer is to let it go; let them burn the world around us rather than allow our hired protectors to use the only language the rioters understand?

With your non action attitude they have nothing to lose. Your belief in exporting the jobs gives them little hope of attaining anything above a welfare check. It is funny how you don't get this. By taking away their jobs you have taken away their freedom and once again enslaved them. It is very very simple.

But I didn't take away their jobs - you (meaning liberal policies) did.  By pricing their labor out of the market.

None of which has anything to do with the question of "excessive violence" by cops in preventing destruction.  I assume your answer to to slap their wrist and let them go because the evil capitalists are being mean to them?

"But I didn't take away their jobs - you (meaning liberal policies) did.  By pricing their labor out of the market."

Really! Wasn't it you that agreed with the policy of Obamas acceptance and fast tracking the TPP? Does that make you a liberal? You have convenient truths my friend. I on the other hand am dead set against it and would like to see both the TPP not passed and rescinding NAFTA.
              Your conservative views on trade agreements coincides with Obamas and by supporting them you are indeed taking away jobs these people you so detest could fill.

Yep, it was me, at least in the overall idea that the world has shrunk and to be competitive means being competitive in the world market. 

And who was it applauding unions that caused the TPP to have such an effect?  That supports raising American wages (by law whenever possible) to such levels that our workers cannot possibly compete in the world market even after factoring in tremendous shipping costs?  (I just read that American companies will now ship chickens to China where they will be processed and shipped back). 

But what does any of that have to do with excessive police force?  Or will you now claim that excessively high minimum wages results in riots by those earning it?

I won't argue your point of competing in a global market. You are totally right that the wages paid American workers reflects in competitive pricing of export items. To compete those wages have been reduced or in many cases completely eliminated. Nike has shipped the last of its manufacturing overseas. Last year, a third of Nike’s remaining 13,922 American production workers were laid off. Most of Nike’s products are made by 990,000 workers in low-wage countries.  As wages have risen in China, Nike has switched most of its production to Vietnam where wages are less than 60 cents per hour. Almost 340,000 workers cut and assemble Nike products there. New Balance is one of the only shoe and apparel manufacturers to use American labor almost exclusively. They choose to compete with Nike as a wage opportunity for their employees. These employees in turn support the American economy buy spending their wages in our economy.

Your support for a global economy supports sweatshop conditions in foreign labor pools while having corporate executives pocket the difference. Nike and New Balance shoes are very competitive price rise and the quality is comparable. Paying a worker 60 cents an hour profits the top and paying an American worker more profits both the worker and the corporate entity. The only difference is the greed by which they carry out their interests. You my friend are in the greed camp.

Didn't see this for probably too long.  But...

"You my friend are in the greed camp."

Well, one of us is.  One of us supports union wages, leading irrevocably to not only inflation but a two tier class of wage earners.  With inflation leading to higher prices, fewer exports and more imports.  And those benefiting the most?  The union fat cats at the top - the union political structure that contributes nothing of value.  Followed by the general union membership (when they can find work at inflated labor prices), and with the non-union members of the country footing the bill for it all.  Yes, it's called greed.

3. Jason Marovich profile image87
    Jason Marovichposted 8 years ago

Law and order are a large part of the American philosophy.  I'm of the opinion that excessive force in law enforcement is limited but it's limited for the most part to urban areas high in crime and violence.

What happened in Baltimore reminds me of how police in large cities used to use excessive force and the threat of it to intimidate criminals and criminal organizations.

This is regression.

Giving a man a rough ride in a paddy wagon, a man who did nothing illegal, is brutality.  There's no place for it in law and order and that's why those who committed the crime will now stand trial.

All human beings, regardless of race, culture or residency, regardless of what you think they might be up to, must not be mistreated without just cause (i.e. self-defense) or we risk violating the beliefs of those that founded our country.

I would add that the police is not the jury; that rough ride in a paddy wagon is normally inexcusable because, if nothing else, the rider has not been convicted of any crime.

4. types of Diabetes profile image57
    types of Diabetesposted 8 years ago

Yes Of course, my son, my husband, they all experienced it, and you better do not have a nice car as a black man, they assume they are drug dealers. My husband work hard as a Nurse. My son sell real estate, they are followed and stop all the time, and they suspect it is because of their cars.

5. shivam Pal profile image39
    shivam Palposted 8 years ago

All Human beings have own nature (mentality). According to his mentality they work, but when they come into a government job like an arms job than government faith only there associate, and associates faith their leadership (Senior). If they give instruction, then associate follow his order without thinking "is it right or wrong?". That's why many accidents occur in society.

6. aware profile image67
    awareposted 8 years ago

When the police stop you.  Its yes sir. No sir.you dont argue, you dont fight.you  dont resist, or run. You comply . Thats the rule. Teach your kids that. And this heavy handed policing will  go away.cops are not judges.. and as far jobs. Dont wait for a job to fall into your lap. Create your own.if there are no jobs in your city. Its time to move. Think peope. Stop blaming.

Where are you from? Really!

7. aware profile image67
    awareposted 8 years ago

America. I learned that lesson the hard way. By being thrown onto the hood of a cop car.face first.as a teen. Where you from

8. aware profile image67
    awareposted 8 years ago

Im in fla now in construction. Work is good here again.but when houseing fell i had  create jobs for myself.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)