jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What is going on with our Black youth adopting mobbing behavior,

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

acting uncontrollably, even uncivilized in shopping malls, public gatherings, and even indulging in more destructive behaviors such as aimless rioting?  What is eating these young people who prefer to engage in such egregious acts that will only ruin their chances for a positive future?   Don't they realize that mobbing, rioting, and other hooligan shenanigans will only land them in jail or.....worse?   I would love to know where ARE their parents and other significant adults in their lives?  Please tell me....

1. gentlespiritbear profile image60
      gentlespiritbearposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I find that some parents just do not care. However as far as the rioting goes, the media as well as ourselves need to stop feeding into it, because the more we do the worse it gets.

Secondly the kids as well as the adults who like to riot and burn things down do not even realize that they are also ruining the economy in their areas as well as the other peoples lively hoods!

Hopefully the kids as well as others will chew on that for a while

2. janesix profile image72
      janesixposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Yes. Where ARE the parents?

2. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 17 months ago

I do not have TV channels and watch the nightly news. I get bits and pieces of what is going on in the world online and follow the things that interest me. This isn't a topic of interest to me.

However, I guess what causes these young people to behave like a mob is one of three things or all of them. They are seeking comfort, power and pleasure. 

Why they get to the point they do, I do not know and do not care to wrap my mind around it. But, I suppose they feed on each other's gang mentality.  It isn't something I would ever care to be a part of.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image87
    Alphadogg16posted 17 months ago

I really do not think there should be a color labeling this topic. Stupidity and ignorance do not have a color. White kids rioted at Penn State after Joe Paterno was fired. White kids rioted at the University of Kentucky, shots were fired, cars and furniture set on fire. White kids rioted In Huntington Beach after a surfing competition and with the recent increase on Mall and School shootings that were also done by White kids, to say "Black Youth" adopt mobbing is very hypocritical.

1. ahorseback profile image56
      ahorsebackposted 17 months ago in reply to this

It is AND it isn't hypocritical, there   obviously is an escalated  amount of racial based  rioting happening ,  probably  because of the whole  conversation about race that Pres. Obama has escalated by his occasional involvement and support .  "I welcome this conversation , bring it on ".Quote.

What triggers the mind to riot ?   The latest "free range " mentality to raising kids for one thing , social activist  leaders working  'behind the scenes' for another , they have been there since the sixties .   Other than that , it is a illegal act that will leave thousands wondering [ those arrested ] why they have a criminal history ]   , All for a free pair of sneakers ? 

Simply the free will and unchained impulse control of youth ?