jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Fast Track of TPP Bill has passed the Senate

1. rhamson profile image76
    rhamsonposted 22 months ago

The Senate has passed the “fast-track” bill allowing the Trans Pacific Partnership deal to move through Congress without amendment or discussion, by a 65 to 33 margin. According to data from the Federal Election Commission, corporate members of the “US Business Coalition for the Trans Pacific Partnership” donated $1,148,971 when the bill was being debated -- an average of $17,676.48 to each of the 65 “yeas."

America sleeps while it is being sold out!

Go here to hear more about this bad bill sponsored by the Banks, Wall Street and the Big Corporations.

http://robertreich.org/post/109593544790

rhamsonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I knew this would happen. It is funny how some of the biggest things that affect us get a big so what reaction.

1. janesix profile image61
        janesixposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I agree.

They give us riots and other emotional issues to cry about so we ignore the real issues going on. Happens every time.

rhamsonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

What really amazes me is the way the media picks and chooses what is "good" for us and ignores the rest. The news media is controlled by basically six corporate entities. I guess who buys advertising has a short list of those they are willing to throw their money at. I wonder if that has any pull in what they are allowed to report. hmm

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch … r-and-read

1. janesix profile image61
            janesixposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Probably, I wouldn't doubt it.

I actually used to be pretty naive,and thought the news was based on honest and unbiased reporting. I am too trusting sometimes.

2. John Holden profile image60
        John Holdenposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It won't affect you half as much as it will affect me and my fellow Brits!

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
          Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months ago in reply to this

How?

1. John Holden profile image60
            John Holdenposted 22 months ago in reply to this

For example, if our government doesn't allow corporations to take over our NHS and turn it into a profit centre the said American corporations will be able to take our government to court and sue them for the profit that they have lost. Our government will have no defence.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
              Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months ago in reply to this

NHS: UK National Health Care
              This does not sound good.
              Now what?

2. Credence2 profile image83
      Credence2posted 22 months ago in reply to this

Because the bill is supported by the Big Banks, Wall Street and the Corporations, I instinctively smelled a rat, regardless of the President's advocacy of this Program.

3. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 22 months ago in reply to this

"Out of the total $1,148,971 given, an average of $17,676.48 was donated to each of the 65 “yea” votes."

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 … -track-tpp

rhamsonposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Good link. It breaks it down pretty well and goes to show you when greed is involved anything can be a "partisan vote"

2. maxoxam41 profile image78
    maxoxam41posted 22 months ago

Welcome to America and its inherent dictatorship! It makes me laugh when I see people still wondering who they will vote for? What a bunch of ignorants! And, the worst is they represent the voting majority...

working