jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Something to talk about.

1. Sed-me profile image84
    Sed-meposted 16 months ago
    1. SouradipSinha profile image85
      SouradipSinhaposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hello. Can I be of any help?

2. Quilligrapher profile image88
      Quilligrapherposted 16 months ago in reply to this

From CNN, “The Red Cross called the report by ProPublica and National Public Radio as lacking in ‘balance, context and accuracy ... which follows the pattern of all their previous Red Cross stories.’” {1}
      {1} http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/04/americas/ … blica-npr/

1. Sed-me profile image84
        Sed-meposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for your response.
        The excerpt below was taken from the link you provided.

"The news story relied on Red Cross internal documents, field reporting in Haiti and interviews with Haitian and former Red Cross officials, including the agency's former chief of the Haitian shelter program, Lee Malany.

Malany quit after agency officials "did not seem to have any idea how to spend millions of dollars set aside for housing," according to the outlets' report.

Controversy over transparency
        The Red Cross also declined repeatedly to disclose details on how exactly money was spent in Haiti and instead provided only broad categories of expenditures, despite a pledge by CEO Gail McGovern that her agency would "lead the effort in transparency," the news report said.

A CNN review of the Red Cross' tax filings from July 2010 to June 2014 shows no detailed expenditures for its numerous relief programs, including in Haiti.

Those documents, called Form 990, do show details on salaries, including McGovern's $597,961 total compensation in the most recent filing."

2. janesix profile image72
    janesixposted 16 months ago

So talk. All you've done is posted a link.

3. Michael-Milec profile image59
    Michael-Milecposted 16 months ago

The words we speak ,the bread we eat...

4. Sed-me profile image84
    Sed-meposted 16 months ago