jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Earth to Louisiana: What is it about NO-Establishment do you not get?

1. Credence2 profile image86
    Credence2posted 16 months ago

Why is it everytime I read about RED, I see RED?

Wasn't it as long ago as 1962, if memory serves, that a Supreme Court ruling prohibited the infusion of religious doctrine in public school curricula?

Well according to one of these articles, public schools in Lousiana are using Bibles as the basis of teaching 'Creation Science'.

It has been like pulling teeth to get the state of LA to discredit and end the practice, despite the opinion of over 90 Nobel Prize laurelists.

I get irritated with those who continue to want to impose their values {Evangelic Christian groups} on everybody else using the pseudo science of Creationism.

I am not atheist but there is an appropriate venue for expression and the teaching of religious doctrines and it is not the public schools, that all of our taxes support, that are attended by the Buddhist, Jew or Muslim.

Why don't you conservatives tell me what is the drive that insists that you proselytize and indoctrinate everyone in the Christian faith, outside of their will? It is sheer anathema to me, what is it?

There are more religions and offshoots of religions than there are stars in the sky, why is your version suitable for indoctrination and no one else's is?

What kind of people have so little appreciation and understanding of the law? These are the people supported by Republicans and I am going to vote for them?

http://www.salon.com/2015/04/22/louisia … e_classes/

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/11/its_off … e_classes/

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 16 months ago in reply to this

It is definitely an inanely insane premise to the highest degree, Credence2.  They try and try but to very little fruition.  Most people are intelligent enough not to buy into this atavistic creationistic hoopla.

Credence2posted 16 months ago in reply to this

I would like to think that most people are intelligent enough not to buy into this. Obviously not, as the legislature and Bobby Jindal himself plays into it as a direct violation of the 1st amendment and the non-establishment understanding provided by the courts. There are a lot of powerful people that play this game, all to appeal to Billy Bob or Peggy Sue?

Thanks for participating

2. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 16 months ago

Isn't this illegal?

Why are we STILL fighting this today? Will it ever end?

Credence2posted 16 months ago in reply to this

Janesix, thanks for your response. Where are the social-conservatives? I would certainly ask them what is the basis of their approach and ideal on this topic.

Yes, it is illegal, brazenly so. We seem to never get beyond the Elmer Gantry paradyme when it comes to certain regions of the country, is it 2015 or 1915, take your pick. If you know anyone that leans this direction bring them over and lets discuss this. I would like to understand their logic and reasoning...