jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Who is George Soros?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months ago

George Soros
    "Business Magnate
    George Soros is a Hungarian-born US business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. He is the chairman of Soros Fund Management. He is known as "The Man Who Broke the Bank of England" because of his short sale of US$10 billion worth of pounds, giving him a profit of $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis. Soros is one of the thirty richest people in the world.
    Born: Aug 12, 1930 (age 84) · Budapest, Hungary
    Net worth: $24.20 billion USD (2015)
    Founded: Soros Fund Management · Open Society Foundations · MoveOn.org · Soros Foundation · Central European University
    Education: London School of Economics and Political Science."

Is he a force for good or bad in America?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image84

INTRODUCING GEORGE SOROS
    George attended the London School of Economics (LSE). There, he was exposed to the works of the Viennese-born philosopher Karl Popper, who taught at LSE and whom Soros would later call his “spiritual mentor.”17 Though Soros never studied directly under Popper, he read the latter's works and submitted some essays to him for review and comment. Most notably, Popper's 1945 book The Open Society and Its Enemies introduced Soros to the concept of an “open society,” a theme that would play a central role in Soros's thought and activities for the rest of his life.18

The term “open society” was originally coined in 1932 by the French philosopher Henri Louis Bergson, to describe societies whose moral codes were founded upon “universal” principles seeking to enhance the welfare of all mankind—as opposed to “closed” societies that placed self-interest above any concern for other nations and cultures.19 Popper readily embraced this concept and expanded upon it. In his view, the open society was a place that permitted its citizens the right to criticize and change its institutions as they saw fit; he rejected the imposed intellectual conformity, central planning, and historical determinism of Marxist doctrine.20 By Popper's reckoning, a society was “closed”—and thus undesirable—if it assumed that it was in any way superior to other societies. Likewise, any belief system or individual claiming to be in possession of “ultimate truth” was an “enemy” of the open society as well. Popper viewed all knowledge as conjectural rather than certain, as evolving rather than fixed.

Thus, by logical extension, Popper did not share the American founders' confident assertion that certain truths were “self-evident,” and that certain rights—such as the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,” as referenced in the Declaration of Independence—were “unalienable” and thus not subject to doubt, because they had been granted to mankind by the ultimate authority, the “Creator.” We shall see that George Soros, as he grew to maturity, would likewise reject the founders' premise. Indeed Soros would harbor great disdain for modern-day American political figures who displayed unshakable confidence in their own culture's nobility, and who embraced the tenets of the Declaration and the U.S. Constitution as timeless, immutable truths. To Soros, “Popper's greatest contribution to philosophy” was his teaching that “the ultimate truth remains permanently beyond our reach.”2 yikes !!!

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/indi … ?indid=977

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image84

No Joke: Obama/Soros Promote “Open Government”
    1. http://www.aim.org/aim-column/no-joke-o … nment”/?

What is the Open Government Partnership?
    2. http://www.opengovpartnership.org

Fact Sheet: The Open Government Partnership
    3. https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of … artnership

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image84

I guess a better question is,

Do YOU Believe in Open Government?

UNLIKE Soros ...

I DO believe …  "the American founders' confident assertion that certain truths ARE “self-evident,” and that certain rights—such as the right to 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,' as referenced in the Declaration of Independence—ARE “unalienable” and thus not subject to doubt, because they had been granted to mankind by the ultimate authority, the 'Creator.'"

To some, I suppose, this makes me a white supremacist! yikes !!!
    We really need to wake up. We could loose America land of the free.
    and why?
    I think it is due to the fact that we are being taken over by those who CAN take us over.

Thanks to the internet I might add.
    (Thanks for nothing, pirates of Silicon Valley).
    I believe we have a long tedious road ahead with NO end in sight.

I had a good time in the 70's.
    It was fun while it lasted.

1. rhamson profile image75
      rhamsonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

"I weep for the liberty of my country when I see at this early day of its successful experiment that corruption has been imputed to many members of the House of Representatives, and the rights of the people have been bartered for promises of office." Andrew Jackson

The evolution of this democratic experiment has been in our hands from the beginning. While in the beginning the common man did not have the vote, the ones who did were stewards to the cause. Obama and the rest are just tools of the process. We put them in charge of our best interests but there is a breakdown in that process. The fore fathers of our country thought out many things that may arise in the self government system but were limited in their vision in the development of the country. Had they known how big a population and how much money could be produced and taxed and what influence could be purchased they may have made some concrete legislation to deal with it. But their saving grace is that we are able to fine tune the process with amendments and stop the cancers that plaque our thought process with regards to self government. Term limits must be enacted, Publicly financed campaigns must get private sector money out of the system and lobby reform must make the argument heard from all positions. This is our fight and ours to lose.

working