Vote to legalize Marijuana and ignore ISIS

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (103 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 8 years ago

There is Harper smear campaign (Harper being like a Canadian GW Bush) Say Justin Trudeau (liberal) wants to legalize Marijuana and do nothing about  ISIS. That is Great news in my books I might Vote for first time in my life for something that makes good sense.

America was the Greatest and with the most positive number 1 things than anywhere on earth.  Until War on Drugs and War on Terrorism began.  Base on how hubbers  who  ignore my last threads  on the War is what US is # 1 at. American sacrifices there total positive thing for negative things and do not confront their own problem at home
    US War on drugs for 75 years failed and all the branches  worldwide too.  America’s prisons are half full from drug convictions. About 87% are non violence, plus 25% of prisoners  in the US  compared to worldwide). The war on terrorism has cost America most of the things that  made America  positive number 1 at. Ron Paul claims if America is not bankrupt now, it will be when they continue war with ISIS in Iraq and Middle East.  .  Russia and China will return the favour of helping them go bankrupted.
    Never wrong yet in prediction this suffering for American will continue for more than 10 years.
    At least tell me to go to hell that would be better than ignoring me or not confronting America’s problems.

Castlepalomaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Looks like us baby boomers drop the ball on Peace/Love/Rock/Pot/Freedom in exchange for Greed/Material junk/debt/Terrorist ghosts/unsustainable jobs and homes.

Wait til 100 Million babyboomers go to collect their pension. I feel a dollar crash
      and another bailout lo lo.mmmaaaa
      mmmaaaa haha MOOOHAAAHAaaa.

VOTE  Justin the new hippy, can't hurt anyways. The younger generation is smarter than us.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think aging boomers will be camping and conferrering with the oai people how to live without money.
        We could go back to trading and/or using wampum ...
        and living in Teepees.
        Suddenly, I want a horse.
        But, hay is now very expensive. sad

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

I think it will be better if we do not legalize marijuana.
    I think it will be better to confront ISIS.
    I think we need to drop a big fat bomb and show 'em who's got the goods to keep em in their holes.
    Like the little ants they are.
    Why not?

The boomers, big fat houses,and working longer, harder and for what? For most of them to spend most of waking hours of their lives disliking their work and being the greatest threat to mankind ever by polluting the natural environment. Poverty is most connected with corporatism and the mother load of crime
      since 95% of crime is occupational.
      Piratcy, gold rush, one world religion and order, homes, wars and jobs are no substainable. No longer can America
      steal, print money and kill from the rest of
      the world to substain it'greed, oil and once rich lifestyle. China has almost surpass America in everyway except War,
      because they gain the World's trust by
      peaceful means. Bombing for trust worked for keeping the world in fear
      of America. The World is ready to give
      the boots karma, back on those fat, redneck greedy bastards in a non violent way.

...and the youth are not smarter than us.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Trading without taxes is America's second greatest sin, yet it was invented in Iraq. Written language was  invented in Iraq. Military and defence castles were invented in Iraq making them very hard to kill. Not like America using the british con job system that created the greatest genicide in human history. At one time America natives were 5 times the population of Europe.This time the history of brown people are wiser with the internet and they are the people of the earth who won't go away any more than gays, weed, jellyfish, and people of colour.

Give it up you white minority boomer
      greedy bastard. They surrounded by people of colour, diversity and globalization superpower stronger than the (by far)over employed US military and
      justice complex, that harms our true nature, justice and freedoms.

Green things are illegal like the most useful and productive plant

Did not finish last sentence, green things like cannabis plants is the most important plant in the world. When the US military and justice complex tries to destroy it from the face of the earth. It's not just the grestest crime against the America citizens it's the greatest crime against earth nature.

Well, it is one cause of self-induced mental retardation.
          And doesn't actually fit in with survival of the fittest.

The best survivalist not the fittest yet the most diversity creasures. There is no other material on this planet as useful and with the diversity than cannibis plant . The corporations just don't want green power,which is greater power for the people. Otherwise they just want to own us like gods and run our lives, whats so retarded about that.

You are talking about non-THC cannibis. You have mentioned the use of hemp to make logs to burn, etc..

Whats wrong with green non-THC hemp/cannibis according to politicians? Maybe its hard to keep the non-THC plants separate from the THC plants.
              We wouldn't want to find that our logs are the THC type! lol
              - well, yeah some would.

Cannibis grows four times faster than trees and it can replace much of lumber in houses. About 75% of forest is gone on earth and paper is 50% of waste in landfill, cannibis can replace both. Cannibis can replace much of the oil, concrete, plastics, fabrics, food and the list gose on to 50,000 Different product.

What medical or other product uses would alcohol or tobacco have?

Tell you one thing, tobacco has killed more people in all the wars combined since world war 2 ,plus all the drugs combined. Tobacco has actualy kill more
                people than the US military, call it native
                revenge. Yet they kill or jail a million US citizen every year over a corporation
                raceist lie over reefer maddness set 80
                years ago.

Don't smoke anything, that's not healthy. Just take it home and eat it, eat, it ,eat it and beat it.
                Have some more pie, have some more tai.
                Just eeea, it

Its not healthy for pets or children.

Studies show that twice as many Canadian kids per capita smoke weed greater than dutch kids. In Holland weed is schedule 3 safer than tobacco and alcohol. Where in Canada and US weed is schedule 1 which is more dangerious than alcohol and tobacco and no has no medical benifits.

Meaning when  kids are lied to and not education about the true facts of weed. They will smoke a lot more and not trust our generation, for good reason.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

We need a poll to determine how the boomer generation is living.
    Most are not living the way you described at all.
    Those older, younger and from other countries are living that way. I saw it in Venice/Marina del Ray.

As far as I know/have observed, we are living much more simply. We never gave up our values. We are teaching, and righting things subtly behind the scenes.
    Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were boomers. Look what they did for all of us. We are advancing tremendously because of the technology they put to extremely (understatement) good use. We are communicating and staying positive. So stop referring to Boomers that way. How dare you.
    ( BTW There are many examples of the greatness of the boomer generation as far as positive messages toward peace and a better world: movie scripts, actors, authors, artists, not to mention musicians...)

That others, ( added: mentioning politicians here) corrupt what is good in the world, presents all of us with a challenge ...
    and recreationally smoking Pot will not help the cause of changing the world for the better. (Many of our great musicians died of substance abuse and I do believe pot is a gateway drug!)

And ISIS is satanic Delusion which must be eradicated by any means possible so the rest of us can continue evolving through any means possible.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

- where would we be now without the boomer generation?
    And our grandchildren will follow suit. Thank goodness for them.
    BTW Obama is not from the Boomer generation.
    A Boomer would have bombed ISIS by now.
    Not sure who.
    Maybe Jesse Ventura?
    But then, he is too busy working behind the scenes, where the problem is, to run for president.

The boomers would just bomb ISIS by now.

Thank dog, for the smarter generation, after bombing ISIS what middle eastern soldiers would take over then. The American perdominate white christian nation can no longer cut throat brown countries. The Americans used the english con job system that worked on native
      brown people of America. Now that the third world is updated fast as you on the internet and places like China and India have doubled America's ecomonmic growth. The game has changed.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

I guess I can pretty much ramble on any way I want now that he's gone. lol

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

And I do agree we need to buy records and record players again.
    ...and tube amps.
    - especially you boomers who have big fat houses.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Marijuana will destroy our grandchildren just like it destroyed so many of us.
    And hopefully they won't be trying to get in each others pants like we did …  and probably still do.
    we had our faults, I won't say we didn't.
    Arrogance was another one …
    And they say we just won't go away …
    - that may prove to be a good thing in the long run.
    I hope so.

8. Castlepaloma profile image75

Not gone yet

You were smarter at age 30 than at age 20. At age 40 you were smarter than at age 30 and so on...at least I hope so.lo.

It's the same with each generation where we are smarter than our parents, our kids
    are smarter than us and so on with each.

That is natural law, unless your dealing with super natural law from the bible where Adam, (not Eve) was the smartest person who ever live. If that were true,
    than evolution is a lie and we are droooling from three sides of our mouths wail getting dumber to dumbest.

The cannibis plant is the most useful and productive plant in the World. The Justice  and the Military complex are brecking natures law. Unless the using above
    supernatural laws of stealing and killing far beyond an eye for an eye. The military revenge and hate plans not just stop at Sadam or Bin Ladin or ISIS , yet who
    replaces them and every last living
    creasure on that side. Hitler was most impressed on how Americans created the greatest genicide in human history. The American native, who once had 5 Times the population of Europe. Yes, America
    surpassed the British empire. Now it's Globalization superpower has outgrown
    America's fearing threats to the World.
    Don't believe my never wrong predictions,
    most people believe that already.

9. Castlepaloma profile image75

I'll be making a film called.

No just War.

Even in your Bible, the condition for war would make it imposiable to have a war.

I will take the international level of UN.
    NATO, and US military practice and apply it at the local level of American family feuds. One family start off stealing from another family and in the process one of the theives get killed. Since this family has higher up members in the justice system, they use this to get a licence to kill and steal that family at all cost women, children and to every last drop of blood in the name of God. To bad God get used as  a tool for their reasoning. To have the gaul to kill someone, takes the insanity that the other family is a family of devils.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Would not reccomment smoking or driving a lot on pot. No one has been known to die directly from pure pot. Althought there has been reports of 17 death in car accidents  related to pot, which could mean other drugs involved each year. Conpared to 100,000 deaths from alcohol.

If it was a gateway drug that cat would which from milk to
      beer. Lo. The vast majority of people are happy just staying with pot and it' less addicting than coffee

11. Castlepaloma profile image75

I mean, if not done in moderation, can lead to pain.

12. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

So   we decide to vote ourselves into an existence of an entitled  and  altered state , for instance   about the legalization of pot ! "  -  "Okay I like getting high , SO - I believe in the legalization of pot ".   - so ,  why not now  downplay any and all  negativity about pot itself  ?
    What alcoholic isn't going to vote himself another  shot and a beer ?
    "It 's not a gateway drug "  ,     --"Our legal system , our jails are full of innocent pot users "--" Its not dangerous to the forming mind, brain of our youth "on and on ,It all kind of takes the meaning out of  right and wrong when we decide to entitle ourselves to our own sins ? 
    "Everybody must get high "   re. -Bob Dylan ?
    The very title of this thread  shows the immaturity of  a culture that allows itself to  decide about  the path  of  it's own AND ITS CHILDRENS  decline .  I suppose if one is pretty high , one wouldn't give a damn about terrorism to begin with .

In vietnam the more they got high, the less they wanted to kill. Because pot makes you think about things.Like nothing dumbers than to kill poor people because they don't believe in our white. God.

Each generation get smarter because by per capita we kill less since the second world war. Corporation cartels is a different story. Death by sugar, fat, toxic food, toxic waste, air, water, and it's shortening our lives, wail the greatest pass time is lying about it.

w h i l e

Build your own green healthy home for 1/10 the cost and avoid building a house and a half for your bankster who most likely you don,'t know.

I build small castles without the hassle or teach others how to in workshops also how to grow healthy food.
          Or
          Stick with your leaders and follow them to your toxic papertiger wasteland ,the cash won't be worth toliet paper, butt hey you suffer tightly together.

Its not going to come to that. It really won't.
            If everybody just follows the rules and enacts love for their fellow man and woman.
            It can start today.
            Vote out the bad politicians.

Being a clairvoyant the only way I know how stop this next 10 years of futher suffering. Is having other people who have a clear enough  destiny solution to overright my flawless predictions. It' has not been on this site for fives year.

Must search for others to prove me
              wrong for the first time.

2. rhamson profile image71
              rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Vote out the bad politicians."

How can that happen when all you have is the bad ones to vote for?

1. wilderness profile image93
                wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Tough question, all right.  Maybe run yourself in a futile effort to conquer the billions of $$ from the party lines?

1. rhamson profile image71
                  rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately they will crush you like a grape. We the people need to remedy the situation and clean house. On the same line we are a bunch of cowards to trust in what the Constitution allows us to fix it.

Term limits, publicly financed campaigns and lobby reform are the only answer. But cowards we are in the face of it.

http://www.termlimitsforuscongress.com/

I don't think the sarcasm came through very well.

Agree, although I DO see major problems with publicly financed campaigns.  It sounds good, but is ripe for abuse.

13. profile image0

Castle ,   I know many men who were in that war , and of those many I think that  you do a huge disservice to real veterans  in such a shameful rant .  perhaps you've spent too much money watching the re- runs of Apocalypse Now .   Although we can all find something to be shameful about in the Viet -Nam  war theatre or any war   ,  to suggest that  so many soldiers were pot headed and killing babies  suggests that you've  plagiarized  far too much of the anti- war mentality of the sixties .    How you can even suggest that if soldiers simply smoked more pot there would be more "smart " people simply shows your immaturity in this or any  real debate  .

Maybe the problem is that  soo many pot smokers  are simply burn victims [meaning  brain cells, for those in the  know  ]   , In my experience  - that is simply the real   and honest agenda  behind  this scourge of legalization .  But hey ,  peace love and tye- dye right ?    Until the next war anyway , maybe that one will be in your neighborhood ,  if it is ;  remember how as you   salute your new leaders ,  once you dissed  real soldiers .

The Reefer Maddness films showen in our school, had women running naked into lakes laughing, or a guy running around like a squawking chicken and falls off the apartment balcony to his death. It took us kid 4 Joints just to get a buzz. So we asked, where can someone get this stuff?

In Vietnam had more weed there than in the US at the time. In 1968 they tighten up the rules then many soldiers switch over to heroin to cope with stress of death. When the troops came back to the States More soldiers committed suicide or had early deaths than were killed over in Vietnam.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I used to wonder where such useless information came from ,  and now I can ask YOU this   one word question - HUH ?  Would  you care to explain how heroin  came to be the  drug of use by most Viet Vets ?   For instance , I have a brother who served in Viet Nam  that  has never even smoked a joint , totally believed in the cause and would go back now to Finish something  you and I and congress stopped in midstream !    I would love to see your fact  source !

Talk to plenity of GI in Bangkok, around the war time in Veitnam. Who is going to give you a correct account on something as illegal as weed anyways?

2. Quilligrapher profile image72
          Quilligrapherposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good evening, ahorseback. Nice to meet up with you again.

Please allow me to point out that 40% of servicemen had used Heroin while they were in Vietnam. About half (20%) of ALL home bound vets were found to be addicted and they were detained in Vietnam by the military until they were clean. {1} {2} {3}
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg
          {1} http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot … bad-habits
          {2} http://jamesclear.com/heroin-habits
          {3} http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 … x/abstract

1. profile image0

Quilligrapher , While I understand the need for the diversity in the origins of  pollsters  , studies , statistical  articles and opinions  , I  find they  are simply that , statistical opinions . One has  to remember , If we look at such numbers long enough we find that quite often , the agenda behind them dictates the very outcome !  And you and many others  know that too- or at least you should . I read a lot and when I do ,  the first thing I do is determine the  likelihood of an agenda in an article.   I do not trust a lot  of the generalities that are  implied in the entire  60's -70's era - Provided by  our media- and rightfully so ! So much so that  if I know a lot a lot of veterans , I would sooner trust what they  know . 

My opinion is,  that It IS the "Apocalypse Now"  or  Oliver Stone,  fantasies  of facts , statistics  and truths ' that  all too many people  love to quote and  believe  in . In other words  , It is  those who write the 'history ' that control the  " truths" . ---So statistics ?   Please , I sooner  trust the soldier to tell the history of war , than the media that chastises  the soldier  for believing in a cause .

1. Quilligrapher profile image72

Hi, Ahorseback. I appreciate your prompt reply.

You may recall that you asked for sources to support Castle’s claim that heroin use had been widespread among our troops in Vietnam. {1} I gave you links to three separate discussions revealing that 20% of returning vets tested positive for heroin use and you rejected all three without even reading them.

Then, you try to cover up the fact that you did not read the sources with a lecture about “statistical opinions.” Had you been sincere about wanting to see sources, had you not dismissed these sources without reading them, you would have discovered that 20% was not a “statistical opinion.” It was the actual number of urine samples that tested positive for heroin use.

If you want to learn, read the articles. If you find errors or discrepancies, bring them to the forum for an intelligent discussion. Your reply, however, does not raise any objections connected to the sources. You did not find their contents lacking. You simply rejected the facts they contained because they are not what you want to believe.

Better yet, don’t read the sources and remain in the dark. By all means, cling to your beliefs and avoid examining any findings that disagree with your foregone conclusions. 

Peace, my friend. I hope you enjoy your evening. Continue reading and always keep an open mind.
              {1} http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2753380

slant is slant is slant.
                Its how opinions are formed. Even yours, Mr. Quill. You use stats to persuade others to your way of thinking as we use personal insights and beliefs gained through observations and experience.  Neither way is superior, if you ask me,
                which no one did.

Happy Friday, Ms. Hill. Nice to chat with you again.

"slant is slant is slant. Its how opinions are formed. Even yours, Mr. Quill."

I can only hope that someday we will all see an end to false statements based upon uninformed notions. Your opinions may be formed by “slant”, but projecting an inability to reason onto me is just another false assumption. I would love to have you tell us how you form your opinions, but please do not venture beyond my actual words and pretend you know how I form mine.

I recognize that many insights and beliefs are based solely on personal observations and experiences. For some folks, this is most of their total knowledge. However, total knowledge can be expanded by individual research or exploration and it can be enlarged even further by learning from valid research and exploration done by others. Most importantly, the latter will always lead to greater knowledge than if one depends only on personal experiences.Which is superior is not as important as which has the greatest potential for achieving the most knowledge.

This strand of the thread is about widespread heroin use by troops in Vietnam. Mine seems to be the only post to include sources. You are welcome to read the sources and/or submit your own. If you find errors or discrepancies, bring your facts to the forum for an intelligent discussion.

Thank you, Ms. Hill, for your comments. It is always a pleasure reading your posts particularly on days that end with ‘y’.

Seven out of seven days end with a y. That means its is a pleasure to read my post any day.
                    Why, Thank You! How kind.
                    Even though you can't stand my point of view or how I back it up.
                    Good to know.

14. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Non-dopes know dope is for dopes.

Would that apply for people over age 50 and to the legal drugs that kill more people than the illlegal drugs.?

15. Castlepaloma profile image75

Horseback

Why would your brother want to back to Veit Nam to finish the job?

Veitnam Communism was the major threat to American, Like Christain Germany who killed 20 million
    Communism Russians during World war 2..

What other reason than nonstop revenge or hate for atheist or nonreligious Veitnam's people he would want to go back to? 
    Jesus did not want anyone to kill anyone.

I believe Jesus recommended getting out the sword when needed.
      I believe he wanted us to defend good over evil and justice over injustice and tyranny.  I do not believe he meant to lay down like a doormat.
      There are many instances of this which we have already covered, but, apparently you missed that semester. (Many a HP forum thread revealed these instances in my memory.)

Perhaps, a good fat bomb would have ended the vietnam struggle quickly and efficiently ...
      My understanding is that guys were being drafted and felt forced to go to war and so rebelled.
      They had to go and suffered cuz they were peace loving sorts in those days. Neptune in Libra and all… wrong generation to draft.

The Way I see It

1. profile image0

Kathryn ,  So many people love to hate the whole theist - patriotic , good over evil sense of  world reasoning . - I always find it  very humbling to watch a soldier or ex-soldier pray .They make me realize  that I am so very  small .  I will believe in my country -through  the eye's of these honorable men and women  any day  over every "statistic" in the world . real  Viet-Nam veterans were the last of a  dying breed ,in my opinion ,  they believed  blindly in God  , family , country and honor .

Many believe these patriotic ones were used for economic purposes which is what the Viet Nam equates to …  according to them.
          The validity of the Viet Nam war is another topic for another day I suppose.

There is no denying it, America lost the Vietnam War Vietnam had a America's foreign policy, It was to stop the spread of Communism. Well how well has that worked? Today, Communist is 25% of the world population Americans appears to be slowly embracing the idea that there is a better way to run society. “Socialism," a term that carries far less baggage than "communism," Why did nearly 4 million Vietnamese  and nearly million and half Iraqi die for their oil at the same time maybe they think to slow down the Muslims population.  I think both Religions are loony because they will continue to lose Iraq and other Middle Eastern countries wars on US tax payers Brocken back. . GW Bush killed more Iraqi than Sad am killed, Yet who cares if Bush co. were buddies with Sad am 20 years before. In the monopoly mafia family, anything goes ,even hanging another President. Glad they are not part of my family, the world is my family.

War on Drugs 75 years ago started with 50,000 American that had tried marijuana. Today 150 million have tries marijuana in this generation.  Is the war on drugs working? Or is score 1000 to 1 for drugs.
            Education not incarnation would work, make laws like tobacco laws for age restriction.

There is something inherently bad about pot. I have heard it was created in the days of Atlantis and that it was a genetically modified man-created plant. Its effect on the human body is too acidic, as all poisons are.

I can't imagine Jesus would want CEO's to grow 10 fold today. He was only angry with the money marketeers as he pushed moreso for sharing of the poor.

Can't imagine Jesus picking up a swored other than to defend himself. Why would Jesus encourage the killing of millions of
        innocent poor people in VeitNam or Iraq. Or would Jesus talk about weapons of
        mass destuction, or the greed of oil  the main reason why US soldier are over there. They can't stomp out gays, atheists, and other cultures like Hitler tried, anymore, the world do not allow it anymore.

That part of America military and justice
        karma is ten fold destructive towards it own justice and freedom of America and to the rest of the world.The global public opinions will not will not accept or take it anymore. My daughter and I art business had boomed over the creative, loving and beautiful part of America, bring back the old America back.

2. profile image0

Castle , I understand ! .........You don't believe in war , you don't believe in America , you don't believe in the soldier , you don't believe in such causes that  invoke any sense of patriotism  !  That explains much of your  very reasoning . My advice to you though ,  Don't try to elect  Oliver Stone to  the keeper of  facts  and history .

16. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

For instance, stats cannot answer this question asked by
    Ahorseback.

"Would you care to explain HOW heroin came to be the drug of use by most Viet Vets?"

The answer could be answered by individual interviews only.

I would agree that pot is a gateway drug. Stats on this?
    I would agree that pot was becoming popular in those days. Stats on this?
    I would assume many were drafted and were miserable, as it was not their choice to go in the first place. Stats on this?

But, I do not know anyone that went to war as they stopped drafting guys and none of our friends went.
    So, I am surmising all these things. Is there a way to prove or disprove my surmises?

Curious

Widespread use of weed in Vietnam or heroin can mean 20% OR 60%. The soldier on weed in Vietnam didn’t care much about war or killing people. The reefer madness is a 75 year war lie base on racism and corporation whitewash to take over control of all green products. They called marijuana Public enemy Number 1. I know who is public enemy no.#1, if I did not have so many guns pointed at me and had more support on hub pages and from the much fearful brainwashed public out there. The wars are just a shell game for the real big time genocide killers. Monsanto’s seed, Fast food, sugar, fat foods, oil co. drug cartels and bank cartels and the list goes on….and on.

I don’t get you’re the point on how weed is a gateway drug.
      Even if it was, it should not be the Government/Corporatism  choice on what we put in to our bodies, it’s ours choice first. My point is throughout this legalization of weed (Cannabis) is a soft drug. Cannabis has far more benefits for products and medicine worldwide than any other plant on earth.  Where ISIS, Sad am, Bin Laden Monsters that the US created to feed the Greed club. The same club that THEY beats you guys with, all day long and keep you in the Dark with God.

Weed gateway hypothesis doesn’t make sense to those who use marijuana or have used in the past. Research shows that the vast majority of marijuana users do not go on to use hard drugs. Most stop using after entering the adult social world of family and work.

I saw a grow-op, and then the RCMP police (most honest cops in the world) told me the person with the grow-op has committed double homicide. I did my own fact checking, and found, not true. I told RMCP I will not be a wittiness in court, because they lied to me, that’s my law.. They threaten to give me a criminal record if I did not show up in court. Since challenge RCMP to a nationwide marijuana debate (discussion for me) They dropped and decline the nationwide marijuana debate and my court case.

"Most stop using after entering the adult social world of family and work."

The point of legalizing THC is then to provide it to immature people incapable of recognizing it's dangers?  Our society is generally more concerned with protecting our children, not intentionally exposing them to danger.

+1

17. profile image0

Personally Ladies and gentlemen , I would  FAR rather disrespect the social mentality of a shameful  U.S. nation from the sixties  than the Viet -Nam veterans that   we SHOULD have been so proud of- then , and yet  weren't ! 

Castlepaloma  ;    Making so many  negative generalities about these vets from Viet Nam is about the most cowardly thing you could do to them  !   

Quillagrapher , I do not need to link often to your favorite  studies  , those with agenda's  often  slanted by false or certainly mildly  polluted opinions ,    I'd rather continue to read constantly about all phases of  so many studies and  texts  AND to  rely more on many actual veterans experiences .    To suggest I open my mind  implies that  I have  not ,  So  I suggest you- use more common sense than  to simply  linking to others  "statistics " , so often  more than politically  slanted  . Do you ever actually have an opinion that isn't linked to someone else's ?

Horse back
      I think there has not been a just war, since World War 2, and only in part. Never should the US soldier or military budget be greater than 10 tens their Education budget or it’s design for offensive not defensive. Or the small (bullet penis) head is guiding the big head. 

A small amount of ego, pride or patriotism is fine, yet when a soldier kills poor people, men, woman and children and get the ultimate prize of an America hero, that is out of whack. I was a world class ex-jock and enjoy NHL, yet hockey players who make17 million a year or Oliver Stone are not my national hero neither. My hero is a 107 year old man who has a nice home, no debts, farms every day, rides a bike, swims and has sex once in wail, something more of a realist dreams for the rest of us to aim for. Even to have sex with myself at that age would be outstanding.

If your advice is not to try to elect myself  keeper of  facts  and history. Too late, from traveling worldwide and building fantasy and history  theme parks, history museum displays, Not a bad passion and burden for the pass 40 working years 

You got me on negative generalities about Viet Nam and Wars. Have not been called a coward before, maybe because I’m fearless yet not stupid.  On a military forum a soldier had threaten my life for my comments. Like on these hub pages (Not that scary) nobody else has come forth to specks out for those millions of innocent children killed between Viet Nam and Iraq.
      Have been to six war zones and had guns pointed at my head, was not stupid enough to disagree with them, only time I will lie is when my very life depends on it. , Yet still, do not get their point at the end of a gun barrel, or the stats without a healthy views point on the hub pages. war on drugs has failed, war on communist has failed, war on oil and Muslim has failed. War on Saddam. Bin Laden, and now SISI  will fail because another freedom fighter will replace them and you can them terrorist all over again. Worst lost is the American tax payer.

Almost brainwashed myself there

No the worst thing is those millions of dead kids, not the American tax payers. Athough their near bankrupcy, serves them right for allowing those kids to die.

2. Quilligrapher profile image72

Good afternoon, ahorseback. I am always happy to read about your opinions.

There is a the difference between facts and opinions, a huge difference.

A fact is a piece of verifiable information that is used as evidence or as part of a report or news article. A fact is knowledge based on real occurrences. It deals with something that really exists or has occurred.

An opinion is a viewpoint or personal judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on facts, which are different. An opinion is a belief that does not amount to truth or knowledge.

In my initial post, I responded to YOUR request for sources confirming widespread heroin use in Vietnam. I provided links to published facts that were not “statistical opinions” nor do those verified facts reveal anything about my opinions.
      http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12563000.jpg
      U.S. soldiers at Long Binh base, northeast of Saigon, line up to give urine samples at a heroin detection center in June 1971, before departing for the U.S. - AP

National Public Radio (NPR) reported in January, 2012, "a comprehensive system was set up so that every enlisted man was tested for heroin addiction before he was allowed to return home. And in this population, [psychiatric researcher Lee] Robins did find high rates of addiction: Around 20 percent of the soldiers self-identified as addicts. " {1}

The preceding paragraph contains FACTS, my friend, and not opinions. These facts do not reflect my opinion or that of a researcher.
      http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12563002.jpg
      A GI lights up a cigarette in Saigon in 1971. He poured grains of heroin into the menthol cigarette, from which he had first removed some of the tobacco. - AP

You told us how you “rely more on many actual veterans experiences.” Well, here are the experiences of actual Vietnam veterans that were originally published in Problems of Drug Dependence, 1977, Proceedings of the Thirty-Ninth Annual Scientific Meeting of the Committee on Problems of Drug Dependence.

“Eighty-five percent of the men told us that they had been offered heroin while they were there—often quite soon after their arrival. (One soldier was offered heroin as he descended from the plane on which he arrived in Vietnam by a soldier preparing to board that same plane to return home. He was offered the heroin in exchange for a clean urine so that the man due to leave would be able to get through the urine screen.) Thirty- five percent of Army enlisted men actually tried heroin while in Vietnam, and 19% became addicted to it." {2}

Being open-minded is not the same as being gullible. Being open-minded is being receptive to new ideas and willing to explore other perspectives to see if they hold any value. It includes being able to examine unfamiliar or unwelcome ideas.   

After telling this forum how you consciously avoid “studies, those with agenda's [sic] often slanted by false or certainly mildly polluted opinions,” you still believe you are being open-minded, well, I don’t, but we can still be friends.

Have a great weekend!   
      {1} http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot … bad-habits
      {2} http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 … x/abstract

"This "myth" of rampant drug use in Vietnam was created for several reasons and was exploited by both political parties. For liberal Democrats, they used the myth to show that the military was unwilling and unable to carry out the war and that the soldiers should thus be brought home. Likewise, conservatives used the myth to perpetuate a domestic war on drugs ("We can't have drug-addicted soldiers coming back and spreading the drugs throughout the US"). It was also used to create a pseudo "stab-in-the-back" theory in which liberal permissiveness had infiltrated into the military, thus causing the defeat in Vietnam."
        http://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/c … etnam_war/

" ...if crime is up, can we blame legal pot? We do not know whether legalization has anything to do with it. But we do know that reputable news organizations should stop relying on the Big Marijuana lobby for statistics. They wouldn't blindly trust coal-industry statistics on the environmental effects of strip mining, and they should bring similar skepticism to propaganda claims disseminated by this new industry."
        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kevin-a-s … 63046.html

18. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

And Saddam was your brother? and his sons? and the terrorists?
    Nice family you have there.
    Maybe they'll take you in.
    You were leaving anyway.

Saddam is much more of a relationship with the Bush family. This love/hate thing gose back to Iran, Saddam loves to keep his oil and Bush co. hates him for that.

I get rid of my of negative relationships by walking away to set them free. If they come back to say sorry, we can reset and
      be free again. I don't hunt them down and kill them.

I would see a hero in a truth warrior, who
      aims for no harm. Do like bullies and it's better to confront them each time, then to have them run your life.

Why support bully groups who lie, steals and kills, then ask everyone to reward them. Then repeat the shame (same) thing back onto their own citizens. Where is the honor and deep truth in this. I aim to help you after many of you have hit rock bottom (not before) Your abustive puppet masters do not, know what they are doing.  My imagination, love and not allowing no one to own me, diverified my survival.

For the next 10 years your owners do not care if you live or dead. Thank dog, nohey will have more of your souls as they will have you bow to your knees and follow their laws (not your rights). For they can steal, lie, murder and cheat beyond you God laws. You will dine in hell on earth.

I have lost the point of what you are trying to say.

War solves nothing. Green is almost everything.

Did war solve the nazi takeover?  That of the Japanese?  The Iraquii takeover of Kuwait?

I did say world war two was a just war in part. If it was'nt for those American banksters joining up with Nazi in world war 1 and 2. It was the closest we ever were totally owned by the greedy rich.

Iraq is a US corporation war with other groups sharing, by stealing, lying and
              murdering again, this time over oil. Religion is great fuel for their fire of
              delusion, another one world religion that
              can not be won. The only thing bullies are good for, is keeping us on our toes.

"War solves nothing."

Finally, thanks.

Said to be the greatest military commander of times
                  Alexander the Great.quoted
                  "War solves nothing"

wilderness you did not have to conquer most of the known world to figure that out. It took me traveling most of the known world to work that out.

Good for you.

All hail Emperor Hirohito!

No, wait.  War solved that problem quite nicely, didn't it?

Oil dose not mix with water well or provides food for plants. Oil is good for war machines and making products for corporatism and lowering our life exspectany. I'm cheering for Iraq to win back their country and grow their own food again, like I saw it before the American invasion.

19. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

Good evening Quilligrapher, you're correct that there was widespread use of heroin in Vietnam.  My cousin and my uncle in law both served in Vietnam in the 1960s and reported that many American troops used heroin and other hard drugs.  I also read in periodicals that such was the case.  That is why when so many troops returned, some had problems with substance abuse.

Thank you, Grace, for contributing your personal knowledge and your experiences with other published facts. It is good to know. I appreciate your adding to the discussion. smile

~ which periodicals?

20. Castlepaloma profile image75

Hey, 70-80 million japs killed later, then ended with nuclear bomb. Hirohito warn them it would be self destructive.

Bush said 9/11 was the worst attack on America soil since Pearl harbor. Even though no Iraqi were on those planes. That's like if Japon attacks Pearl Habor,
    then America attacks Indonesia.

Then Bush admits 9/11 could have been an inside job. The puppet masters can't hide their strings, even from their own puppets.

The Colorado weed experiment has been a great win-win across the board with a huge tax surplus. Crime has gone down and even teenage pot smokers have gone down by 22% . That beats the hell out of cops cash cow of killing or jailing a milliion Americans citizens a year.

Cop are very good at giving out Traffic tickets, where at catching muderers and theives not so good at. Making their jobs more to their liking of "serve and protect themselves" Making it less dangerious than many other jobs like fireman, security guards, taxi drivers and so on.

They are really good for the donut
      business and protecting us from terrorist. I don't know anyone personally who has
      been killed by a terrorist, so see!!! how well cops are doing. Even though cops
      kill more of the public than they do.

Let's take 25% of world prisons in the US
      reduce in to normal about 5% . Make more college dooms rather than cell
      dooms. Ship all the 13% violent criminals
      in prison right now to an island called murderica. There is cheap land on huge island to buy out there. Ship also other
      trained killers along with high theift offenders to murderica. Reduce US military budget from 50% 0f the world's budget to 5% Making America the wealthest and healthest nation on earth.

Give those criminal some land and give it a chance to let them turn themselves into an Australia country.

And they call me Madd!!!

When I asked many many times, if anyone cares or finds it was wrong to allow a half a million Iraq children die over the war on oil. There has been no reply, as no one gives a dam, so if not one person has any heart to say a thing, I resign the Hub Pages with a F...uck YOOUUU. I make my films now, after 10 more years from now of greater suffering in your lack of freedom and love.Your wonder, how did he know this would happen.

Maybe hope for the ones who notice "War Solves nothing"   
        Because it already writen on the walls.

1. mrpopo profile image73
          mrpopoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Castle, please don't be disingenuous. I replied several times about your claim, so evidently I do care. Unfortunately you refused to address my points.

He said, "I resign the Hub Pages with a F...uck YOOUUU."
            I hope you won't miss him too much. roll

Well, did give you an E for effort. Without your soul/deep hearted opinion, I can not make heads or tales from stats and theories. I attempted to anwers your quests, yet without a means to an end or ideas for solution, I'm lost in space. Kinda like Religion is about sex and war. I come more from experience traveling in war zone destoryed countries. Warmonger US is still fighting in 74 wars right now. It a corporatism with no ethics or morales for humanity. They sell weapons, get other countries to fight each other, all for the purpose of destruction of man and most liveing creasures on earth since vietnam where their mission possible was to get
            rid of 25% communist. Hitler tried that too and failed also. Without being open about it (Lie) they are tring to get rid of Muslim along with stealing their oil, and killing a half million children. You won't get to heaven if you break God's heart.

I hope you write a couple books.
              Also it sounds like you could write a very interesting biography.
              Meanwhile, let us know when your films are out.
              And don't say F U to us any more, okay?
              We are doing the best we can here.

And don't say you're leaving when you aren't.

Also, what the heck???
              < "You won't get to heaven if you break God's heart.">

I hope you are not smoking too much weed. neutral

Rant is not finished or the thread has not slowen down.
                Remenber you said smart Boomers want to,boomb ISIS along with that a million more innocent middle eastern children. They make up imaginary enimies faster than they can kill. Big Brother has turned into Big Mother, yet claim they are just a brother world. The top voted country from worldwide other countries, voted US as the second greatest threat to mankind next to the natural enviorment. Must be the brother from Cain an Abel, still not obeying God's law of not killing rather than allowing God to sort them all out on which ones go to heaven or hell. All for greedy profiteers and Banksters, oh my God what would jesus say. Don't fight the entire world for your freedom , fight your own Government. There is more US homeless than public servant, if they can't strangle their own poor  or snip them in the back, to get rid of ISIS (how cowardly)

When my magalomaniac ex wife stole my daughter for 10 years. When we reconnected, Paloma thought I abandon her, so she said to me F... you, then I knew she st to the ll care and a new freedom grew to she is now the love of my life .Now I know what a magolomaniac is like catholic Hitler, fundamentalist Christians or their adversary Satan, where the Unverse evoles around them. I work harder for my child than I would for myself, Imagine the process, of middle eastern children being killed or maimed for life. Children are living lives of horror, losing their parents and everything that is important to them and for their growth and development.
                The US Government is top God right now. They in the Iraq and all over middle east for oil and money and power,A Just War doctrine is inherently immoral, as there is no place for ethics in war or any ethical theory in the Bible. War morality must always oppose deliberate violence, rather than restrain, like turn the other cheek. Normal rules of society morality goes out of the window. War theory is unrealistic, pointless and solves nothing....

War requires the banging of drums.
                  Religion, the ringing of bells.
                  War equates to Hate.
                  And (the science behind) Religion equates to Love.

21. profile image0

I don't care about pot but could we please legalize the free ranged use of air-plane glue  please !

Remember the fried egg demo on the film "Reefer Maddness".

Airplane glue will fried your brain like an egg in a frying pan, pot won't.

Although if you take too much POT, for too long a time, you may fade away as a middle age person living in your Mothers basement. You won't kill anyone because you can't even order a pizza right.

1. profile image0

I do remember that commercial !   I also remember kids in the seventies doing this  -  now burned out totally .

Yes, the late 60 and 70s there was too many hard and experimental drugs. They started out with pleasure and turned into great pain. 

Everything in moderation, alcohol is schedule 2 , and tobacco has no rating and both are  far worst than weed which is schedule 1 meaning no medical or benifit use. That is the greatest lie along with terrorism these corporatism have ever brainwashed us into. Don't understand why anyone would want to follow the largest criminal organization in the world. I rather live and eat from a bumpster.

Also rather give blow jobs for my paycheques than to sell my soul to people who don't care if I live or die like those half a million children.

By the way never given JBs before, if an artist can find other ways to make a living, so can most people

22. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

...until we can deliver love for hate, there will be war.
    We are an unperfected species.
    Might as well accept it and deal with REALITY appropriately.

23. Castlepaloma profile image75

We have two different kinds of ultimate love.

My ultimate love is for the World with me in it, unconditionally.
    Your ultimate love is Yahweh God, your love is conditional love, most of the world
    is not saved unless through Jesus.

If I was a christian whole heartally
    I would have to want to be world class.at saving people from going to hell than being world class at my art work. I would be like little Hitler stomping out  gays, communist,
    Muslims and most of the world who are 
    un christian like in order to win my grand lottery ticket into heaven, I must save as many souls as I can.
    The science of religion could not make good sense in order to make love yet by war. By example 90% of wars are predominately religious countries. Not a a good honor or offering to your superior being and perfect God

24. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Just don't do JBs in Bumpsters.

If you see me giving JBs in bumpster to old men. I give you premission to shoot me with your gun because it will be a sign I have givn up on life.

I 've actually envison many people doing far worse things than this, as we allow these criminals to enslave us  for  on going 10 years.

stop already!

25. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

The time it takes to complain, one could be doing/saying something truly constructive.

I know nobody likes a complainer. I''m giving hit on the head lesson with a slug hammer. To test my somtimes unbelieveible prediction that started since Vietnam to today. Where the cost of basic living has gone up ten times and wages not at all. It will excelerate much faster in the next ten years. It my job to be a messenger in these films to limit suffering. These two eco villages I'm building are the solution on all levels.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)