jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Indian Brain Drain

1. Ggarner profile image60
    Ggarnerposted 18 months ago

As an Indian and being part of the Patriotic world that for sure does not take pride in the display of the National Pride and Articles, The question always revolves around the fact whether we have been able to positively construct our thoughts around the Brain Drain.

Some of the folks have always compared our brains to be superior than the east and so take Pride about boasting the facts around how certain percent of Indians have been qualified and absorbed to be part of the NASA world or being engineers or Doctors in the States.
    On the other hand, some people constantly complain about how these people have been guilty on not to serve their Native country but found another land to earn survival.

To a point of Interest in here, There are always the well wishers and the haters who despite the realities of the world worked exactly in the Opposite direction to oversee it and constraint from heading to west. Also, ones who are already their specifically due to Sharpen brain strength do not pay heed towards the mediocre discussions.

My take on all this scenario is clearly a big thanks to the Multimillionaire Industries of the west which have been able to provide a fruitful opportunity to the people from the East to come and work for them. It is not about the Paychecks or the Intelligence that matters in here but what stands out is to find a Better World.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
      Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago in reply to this

What is that Better World?
      If it is here in US, I am glad for you.
      ...and thanks for reminding us.

1. Ggarner profile image60
        Ggarnerposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Yes, Indeed. Tht is true.

2. integrater profile image60
      integraterposted 18 months ago in reply to this

So what is the point ? Care to elaborate ?  You are assuming that Indians who have "sharper" brains migrated to West or Indians who migrated to west have "sharper" brains ? Whichever way you look at it, it is a bold but incorrect assumption .
      Your rant is amusing .

3. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 18 months ago in reply to this

"a big thanks to the Multimillionaire Industries of the west .........It is not about the Paychecks or the Intelligence that matters in here but what stands out is to find a Better World."

Is this a joke?

2. ahorseback profile image48
    ahorsebackposted 18 months ago

One suggestion in regards to  the discussion of "Indian Brain Drain " , Indians might come to the west , bring their higher than average I.Q. and  with that - ALSO  bring a desire to  NOT  to try instilling their system of a caste society , while assimilating  into western cultures .  There are some  incredible ego's coming here from India .  Certainly not all  by any means ,  but some , none the less.

1. Live to Learn profile image81
      Live to Learnposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I don't know any Indians who push their caste system; although I do see the red dots frequently.

But, since you comment on higher than average IQ's, you should read this article

http://akarlin.com/2012/08/the-puzzle-o … -and-jews/

It's an interesting take on what damage the caste system has done and why the average Indian IQ will remain below average for the foreseeable future.

1. integrater profile image60
        integraterposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Really? How do you define intelligence ? How do you quantify intelligence ? How do you measure a persons intelligence by a number? IQ and tests measuring IQ are nothing but myth .
        You should really read the Indian History .
        Caste system is a completely different thing, one which I do not approve of .

1. Live to Learn profile image81
          Live to Learnposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I was simply responding to another Hubber who said they had a higher than average IQ. I found it interesting and looked for information on such a claim. I found that article interesting and shared it.

I wasn't making any claims about high IQ meaning anything. I honestly find claims of high IQ self serving and pointless. I've known a lot of people who had less than average IQ's but were not handicapped by it. They had areas of expertise that surpassed what I consider to be the norm.

working