Who is the Least Effective in Cogress?

1. rhamson profile image76
    rhamsonposted 14 months ago

"In looking over the 33 House members who had the unenviable distinction of making the least-effective list, something stands out: many are among the most partisan members of both parties. 26 of them were in the bottom three quintiles of the Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index, and several — including Reps. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Steve King (R-IA), Alan Lowenthal (D-CA), and Randy Weber (R-TX) — were near the very bottom of that index."[1]

It seems the most aggressive are the least effective. Small wonder as representatives are more about confrontation rather than compromise and legislating.

[1] http://mainstreetadvocacy.com/least-eff … -congress/

1. GA Anderson profile image86
      GA Andersonposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Without addressing the `Index's` validity, I certainly agree with your linked articles concluding statement:
      "Even so, the list drives home to voters a point that I’ve been making for years: ideological extremists make ineffective members of Congress. People who go to Congress just to rant and rave never get anything done."
      (except for the "never" part, Never is a dangerous word to use.)

Extremism alienates folks, and legislation requires cohesion.

1. rhamson profile image76
        rhamsonposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for overlooking the "Cogress" misspelling. I chalk it up to FFS, fat finger syndrome. I also wonder when the two parties became all liberal and all conservative and nothing in between?