jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Umm', Anyone who would vote for Trump ?

1. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 13 months ago

How  politically shallow have we become  ?  Donald   Trump , the greatest empty suit of all time . I am absolutely ashamed of the American media  for even allowing him a voice in such a serious matter as a presidential election . However , This entire episode of stupidity  merely shows the total lack of political savvy  of the American voter .  Are we so shallow , have we become so  inclined to spectacle ?  Is it really all about who shouts the loudest ?   

Does anyone remember Pat Poulson for president ? 

Mickey Mouse ?

Anyone remember this  stylish question , "How you gonna act "

1. lions44 profile image93
      lions44posted 13 months ago in reply to this

As much as I don't support him, I can't dismiss the people who support him as shallow or crazy.  No matter how irrational, their fears are real and it might carry Trump to the nomination. I hope not.  We have better candidates in the party.  It is strange. A rich developer has transformed himself into a man of the people.

2. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 13 months ago in reply to this

America is slowly becoming a trashy lowbrow society where we are less informed and frankly don't care. As long as the television plays the Simpsons and we have tabloid news to entertain us we really don't care that much. Our political system is broken with innuendo and scandals as the way to get things done and frankly it is not hard to catch one of the slime bags in a compromised position. Just log on and find the next non issue to deter your interest from our failing economy and dwindling standard of living and you have to wonder what is next.

Trump is Howard Beale screaming "I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore" from the film "Network". The lunacy takes over and for some reason Trumps followers think he is going to wrest back our government from the entrenched criminal elitists who have set this whole thing up to ward off any change we think we can effect. Trump is set up to fail even if he wins and we still don't get it.

We cannot clean this mess up with a silver bullet or a slight of hand. The quick fix is an American dream. The slime on the hill has spent many years perfecting this chaos to control us and we just don't get it.

Term Limits, Publicly Financed Campaigns and Lobby Reform is the only way we will have any say in the way this government is run. That is how the founders set it up and we are too stupid to know it. Look it up sometime under Article 5 of the Constitution. We used it to limit the Presidents term and we can do it for the members of Congress where some have been there bullying us around for forty plus years.

2. mactavers profile image87
    mactaversposted 13 months ago

I would vote for Alfred E Newman first.

3. 60
    Darwin922posted 13 months ago

The problem with our current government is politicians. Politicians are ruining this country. As much as I dislike Donald Trump, he is not a politician, not bought and paid for by lobbyist groups, and might actually be able to get something done in this country without being led by his nose like lobbyists are doing with most politicians and the media is doing with most voters.

4. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 13 months ago

Quite frankly Trump seems like an idiot savant ,    Yet the polls  say ?      I seriously would consider Canada as my next move   and I never have even thought that before .   This entire campaign is right out of Hollywood !    I'm thinking Nova Scotia , British Columbia .

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 13 months ago in reply to this

This election is no different than any other. You go into the booth and pinch your nose and pick the one that doesn't smell the worst.

1. ahorseback profile image54
        ahorsebackposted 13 months ago in reply to this