jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Would you ever condone a Muslim US President?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 13 months ago

Since Dr. Ben Carson made his controversial stance on how he feels no Muslim should ever be president of the US, he's been suffering a lot of heat from it by the media.    Granted, he did clearify his position later on, in an interview on CNN, that he basically said he was talking about radical Muslims, and not moderate ones.

Trump chimes in of course saying he feels that Carson didn't really say anything wrong, but that's to be expected of  him at this point.   What are your thoughts on this?  Would you want a Muslim president someday?  Why or why not?   And before any of you bring up Obama possibly being Muslim, it's proven that he's a Christian and a US citizen, so please don't bring him into this conversation folks.  I just thought I nip that in the bud before one of you guys mention that, and you all accuse me of being a racist for not correcting you all on saying that about Obama like the media seems to be doing with Trump. wink  lol 

All kidding aside though, I want to know your thoughts on this.

2. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 13 months ago

We already have evolved far from having a traditional  leader in America , either in the whitehouse or congress , Why ?   because of greed ,   The media worries about the hot button issues , Muslim ,   race , gender ,  Why don't Americans seem concerned about  portfolios of finances ,   corporate power influences ,  ?      Just how rich  most representing government have become .......while.IN Office ?

3. PrettyPanther profile image86
    PrettyPantherposted 13 months ago

I vote based on a candidate's stance on the issues, not their religion.  However, if they constantly bring their religious views into the political arena, I would not vote for them.  In other words, I would not vote for a Muslim or a Christian who repeatedly uses their faith to bolster or defend their positions.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Well said.  It is a conundrum, though, in that more and more we find candidates that do just that.  Although every President has at least paid lip service to Christianity we are seeing more adherence to the idea that their faith trumps the law, the constitution, what people want or anything else.  Very sad that people are so determined to force their religion onto others that they support such idiots.