jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Donald trump a drop out ...........

1. ahorseback profile image55
    ahorsebackposted 13 months ago

Okay Donald Trump , you've  had your fun , you ran out the game  of instantaneous popular opinion !  You've helped to  disclose  a foolishness  of the entire  process , the other candidates and the American voting and non-voting  public .  Now ....once and for all -disappear back into the  shadows of Hollywood !

Most of all , you have shown everyone the absolute shyte storm that the entire process  of electing "leaders " has become . Will Americans learn ANYTHING from this fiasco ?
    Nope !

1. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Well said Ed!

2. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Although I can't believe he is leading in the polls the thing I find fascinating is the other members of the Republican party don't have many options in dealing with him. For the most part (they loved him) when he was giving them money for their past elections.
      He was a member of their "Donor Class".

Fox News was always happy to have him on their shows dumping on the president and how poorly the nation was being run. They encouraged him to push the "birther movement" and blame Obama for issues with illegal aliens.

From his point of view: Why should he drop out when he is at the top of the polls and people with 5% or even 1% and below should continue?

Although I'm not a supporter of Trump I can't imagine anyone not pursuing the nomination who is #1 in the polls. It makes no sense to quit.

Lastly there seems to be a fear of allowing (the people) to choose who (they) want. When Scott Walker dropped out he said other candidates should also in order to help eliminate the frontrunner.

In other words create a strategy to gang up on a candidate to remove him rather than let the (people) choose their own nominee. Why not win with a better message? Are they afraid his ignorance on government policy and foreign relations won't surface in time to prove he is not presidential?

The guy is (spending his own money) and apparently what he's saying is resonating with many people. It will be interesting to see if his followers outnumber the rest of the Republican base! If so it will reveal just how out of touch they are with mainstream America.

If you look at the top three Republican candidates in the polls: Trump, Carson, and Fiorina they are all non politicians!

Combine their total poll numbers and it illustrates that a (majority) of Republican voters want a non establishment candidate! This shows it's not just a Trump phenomenon. Now that's what's really scary!

Run for the hills!

3. jacharless profile image82
      jacharlessposted 12 months ago in reply to this

As fmr President William H Clinton recently stated, "Mr Trump is a Master Marketer". Tony Robbins et al could learn a thing or two from him. He has done a "Clinton" on the Rebublican party, sucking all the air from the room.. But this was preplanned so a Democrat would win the next election. America will not see another Republican in the presidential office for at least another decade.

2. Live to Learn profile image82
    Live to Learnposted 13 months ago

I think we should give credit where credit is due and Trump deserves some credit. He has helped showcase that negativity and character assassination is little more than an attempt to hide that he has no ideas worth hearing, no plans worth pursuing and no ability to think beyond a negative comment.

I would hope, once he is gone, that the other candidates will remember his less than commendable performances and stick to issues and solutions and not spend so much time attempting to instigate cat fights in order to avoid meaningful dialogue.