jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Okay , I'm glad the pope came , but PLEASE !

1. ahorseback profile image50
    ahorsebackposted 15 months ago

Okay I cannot believe the MEDIA  in this papal visit  ,  I'm truly glad he is here , I 'm glad  America shows a fine welcome .  I am happy for all  of us as  a people ,   But PLEASE , Msnbc , Cnn , Fox ,     could  you all focus this much media  attention to our real Issues   ,      It always amazes me just how blatantly ignorant  ,  how  blind and how groveling  our media can display they're  hypocrisy in important matters .     For one thing ,  I've never seen the American Media so  anti- Christian , anti- any religion as in recent years  , as to how they treat all  faiths and yet they are bowing at the Popes feet  in a false display of respect for Christianity !

I respect all faiths and this isn't about the Pope  , but as usual  our media is making me want to gag !

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 15 months ago in reply to this

They have commercial spots to sell. Blame it on capitalism! Blame it on us sheep! Blame it on the school systems and the demanding religious leaders who must fill the pews and baskets!
      Blame it on ignorance.
      Ignorance can always be fixed.
      sometime or other. smile

1. jonnycomelately profile image85
        jonnycomelatelyposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I don't think you meant it in this way, Kathryn, but ignorance sure does seem to be fixed in many cases...fixed, immoveable, for life!
        Tongue-in-cheek of course.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
          Kathryn L Hillposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I believe ignorance is fixed by awareness. I do not believe it is fixed. Do you?
          All things need boundaries. Capitalism is fine within certain guidelines. Freedom is fine within the boundaries of ethics and morals. People are not naturally like sheep and will think for themselves if taught and allowed to do so in their homes, schools, churches and in society. Religious leaders can focus with love and true concern upon their congregations, tell them the truth and help them in spiritual, psychological and practical ways and not get caught up in petty church politics and social agendas.
          TWISI

2. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 15 months ago

I am not pleased with what the pope had to say. Nor his staged visit.  He sounds like a satanic illuminati communist to me, who hopes to bring about his master's ruler-ship.   

Not a minute spent on Planned Parenthood's practice of taking the lives of unborn children, the murder of born alive aborted babies and the sale of their body parts. 

Are we the tax payers feeding satanists the blood and human sacrifices they believe gives them more power?

1. jonnycomelately profile image85
      jonnycomelatelyposted 15 months ago in reply to this

"Satanic illuminati communist" sounds very judgmental, fanatical and narrow-minded to to my ears.  Isit not possible, do you think, for a person to have varied facets to his/her character that would allow for areas of agreement, instead of division?

working