jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Here's Another Agreement We Can Sleep Through.

1. rhamson profile image75
    rhamsonposted 21 months ago

The Secret Trade in Services Agreement (TISA) is even more secretive than the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) which is on the verge of being approved by Congress. It allows mostly banking deregulation that can include foreign banks to over run US banking laws in the need for expediency of investments. It include derivative betting  and excludes insurance measures to cover it. It is greed driven and is being heaped on us while we sleep. This is even more secretive than the TPP. How many "news infotainment" stories have we seen on this? None!

https://wikileaks.org/tisa-financial/

1. Credence2 profile image87
      Credence2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for providing the information.

Someone quoted Thomas Jefferson, who said that the only tyranny greater than that of an invading army is that of the banks and bankers.  Well, it is something of that effect.

rhamsonposted 21 months ago in reply to this

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson,

It is one of my favorite quotes of his. The debates mention nothing of this stuff and Hillary has as much as said she will do nothing about it. She wants to fine the banks when they misbehave. The SEC did such a bang up job before the meltdown I am quivering in my boots anticipating their next move. What a gaff off Clinton gives us. The GOP is no different either. They ignore all of it because their handlers want the bankers campaign bribe money. We are all whores for believing in these whores. Our fantasy is at their command.

1. colorfulone profile image88
          colorfuloneposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Ted Cruz has been fighting Obama in congress on TPA and TPP and speaking out about it publicly.  He will be speaking out on TISA, believe me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uInF9eK3nvo

I love that quote.

rhamsonposted 20 months ago in reply to this

So is Bernie Sanders. So who is listening?

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Its a neo-liberal one way street to corporate power.  This is tough blow for Obama. Thanks to wikileaks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOwbj0hw4o

3. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 20 months ago in reply to this

"Give a man a gun and he'll rob a bank, give a man a bank and he'll rob the world" - (Jeff Ament, Pearl Jam)

rhamsonposted 20 months ago in reply to this

While we sleep the heist is in full swing. Let's waste some more time arguing and fighting over the small stuff that morality rules while the thieves steal the country out from under us. That is what is happening and you can't seem to get the people engaged in this to pull away from this useless dribble. Globalization is bankrupting us through lost jobs and banking swindles while we argue over gay rights or abortion. The bigger picture is a distant whiff of smoke.

working