President Obama's Dissparities in Justice ?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

As he has so eloquently announced  lately ,-- If there are disparities  in our justice system ,- disparities in WHO  perpetrates  crimes is more than likely the cause !   Look to the cultural   idiosyncrasies of  how crime is committed , look to who uses the most illegal drugs ,   look to the  extensive records of  criminals  ,   If you still see "disparities "  . That might be the place you look to solution !   

Stop blaming White America !

Will you always go to race ?

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

So what are you bantering about now, Ahorseback?

What is the source of this most recent diatribe? There are disparities in law enforcement and the criminal justice system that correlate with race that are quite well documented statistically. No one is blaming anyone, but I want the differences evaluated and looked into. Is that asking too much?

2. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This comes down all the way from the Supreme Court. What numbskull thought it was a good idea to nominate and confirm any judge with a leaning any particular way? Judges should be impartial. It puts a whole new meaning to hanging judges. Liberal or conservative, what difference does it make. In keeping with the way Congress confirms them and Presidents nominate them someday we will only need them to vote as debate will become fruitless.

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Once again  you are correct, our justice system is skewed.  Judges are being forced to give lighter sentences for crimes or give probation to convicted criminals because of Obama's flawed prison reform. Convicts' sentences are being reduced while incarcerated and released early into the public. 

I was always taught safety first.  Better to be safe then sorry.

So, you think that leaving the system as it is is better than the attempt to reform? I applaud the president's effort at tackling this issue. i think reform is long overdue, with so many people incarcerated just for marijuana, a substance that is well on the way to being legalized, perhaps we might consider releasing inmates from old mandatory minimum sentencing in regard to this. There is a racial element to this problem. Conservatives figure that the more Blacks you have incarcerated the fewer of them would be allowed to vote, perhaps that is what is behind the criticism from many areas of the Right? Have you ever thought about that?

For you is Obama always to blame for your weather, or the fact that you burned your toast at breakfast?

One can lose credibility when their attacks are seen as reflexive, blind and unsupported.

Cruz is fighting for the safety of all Americans and that includes legal immigrants.  Kate's Law would take the illegal immigrants who are murders and rapists out of the sanctuary cities and hold them to the law.  Oh no, no, no.  Obama wants them to have amnesty. 

Harry Reid is hold things up so that Kate's Law does not reach Obama's desk.  Hmm!  Now, why would that be?  Because, every sane person who wants their children to be safe is in favor of Kate's Law.

"Senator Ted Cruz Destroys Harry Reid Over Opposition To Kate's Law"

Read more: http://www.hannity.com/articles/hanpr-i … z3qjVTusTX

Illegal Immigrant Crime Statistics
            http://www.hannity.com/articles/immigra … -14071275/

"Between 2008 and 2014, 40% of all murder convictions in Florida were criminal aliens. In New York it was 34% and Arizona 17.8%.

During those years, criminal aliens accounted for 38% of all murder convictions in the five states of California, Texas, Arizona, Florida and New York, while illegal aliens constitute only 5.6% of the total population in those states.

That 38% represents 7,085 murders out of the total of 18,643."

Pft, "reflexive, blind and unsupported"?  I see!

If you are going to cite a reference source, don't use an irresponsible and biased clown like Sean Hannity. Here is a credible, balanced and responsible reference source.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc … ng/403990/

Exactly, there are laws on the books that are NOT being enforced by the president. 

Confirmed!

1. Alternative Prime profile image57
                  Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Um.... Just like ALL the Laws ALL Previous Presidents have NOT Enforced ~ Including your Precious C sad Nservative PREZiz'

I'm not sure who my "Precious" is suppose to be in your mind.  When it comes down to it the corrupt politicians today are more concern about getting very rich by being pro-Obamatrade.  (and other influential investments)

2. Credence2 profile image78

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati … /30159479/

I like this source better, check on the 2 paragraphs from the Center for Immigration Studies, a source for information far more credible than Hannity.

Hannity is a Fox lapdog a rightwing sensationalist, contrary to any idea of responsible journalism.

2. profile image0

Pres. Obama's rant about disparities in race and justice , are clearly  racial in origin .   If he wants to believe that minorities  are  MORE likely to be imprisoned  ,  He should not be afraid to admit  that minorities are possibly , probably  more likely to be involved in crime .    A quick study of Recidivism  in crime is  an enlightenment  unto itself . 

He has always jumped to the conclusion of  racism !

Councilman Robert Battle is in jail for a charge of murder and drug charges.  He was just REELECTED as  the East Chicago 3rd District Councilman.  No one else ran against him.  Maybe no one dared in Obama's home town?  Liberals are being mums the word.  Some people are calling for his resignation because of the charges, but Battle's attorney says he is "innocent" until proven guilty.  He is seeking bail.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12733409.jpg

Something is very wrong and this would not happen if Obama didn't allow it.

This is unfortunate, but Obama is not King for Life, but merely President of the United States. Believe me, if what you have here is true, I am not pleased.

But I cant help to think that if either of your heroes Bush or Reagan was under similar straits, I would not be hearing all of this now.

Obama is not responsible for corruption found in Chicago municipal politics.

My heroes, "heroes Bush or Reagan"? Wow, you make some far out personal judgements.  I sure would appreciate it if you would stop that. After all you aren't making me look bad. 

Here's what I think of Bush. Its great news coverage, unlike the liberal media in the US.  I'm starting to like Russia better everyday. 
          "Russia Today Declares ‘9/11 Was An Inside Job’"
          http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/04/10 … nside-job/

As far as Ronald Reagan goes, I was young and not into following politics.  Its only more recently that I have dug into what he had to say and was about.  His words then ring true today.  "Government is not the solution to our problems, the government is the problem." 
          http://www.conspiracyclub.co/2015/04/10 … nside-job/

Have a nice day, unless you have other plans! smile

Added: "A Time For Choosing" 
          I listened to this speech by R. Reagan for the first time last month.  I have to say that it is one of the most important speeches in history, ever.  And,...it is oh too true today.   I always wondered why Reagan changed from the Democratic party to the Republican party until I listened to his speech.  Its because he saw the truth! 
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY

Obviously, you admire Ronald Reagan, right?

While you were a little girl, I was grown and watched first hand while Reagonomics wreaked havoc with the nations economy and became a new standard yardstick for all that followed.

I am just stating a fact, not making you look bad...

Sorry, I miss judged you about Bush, most of the rightwing seem to revere him and long for the days of his incompetence. Compared to him Obama is a saint.

We have already agreed to disagree, and I am comfortable with that. I don't know anything about what caused economic problems before, during or after Reagan's presidency. That might be an interesting study for me at a later date. Might be hard to get to the truth with the way the media is, but I'll dig. 

I do have to give you credit for being right about the GOP attacking Carson after the MSM pulled their BS story.  You called it. Donald Trump is using those talking points to attempt to ruin Carson now too.  I am disappointed but did expect it from him if anyone. Very disappointed. I cannot side with liers or anyone who just doesn't know the truth and ends up spreading lies inadvertently.  I trust that Trump is smarter then that!  He will be loosing more respect.

I am sorry the GOP fed Carson to the wolves, but like we both now understand, it was to be expected.

I also mention that Trump has no real character, and being fabulously wealthy is no replacement for it. Most of these people do know the truth but the agenda is to spread the lie. There is nothing worse than a man who kicks another man when he is down.....

Get a variety of sources and check out Reagan for yourself...

Well, so far just Donald Trump as far as I know.  Jeb was defending Carson via Twitter. Now, don't take me wrong, I do not support the idea of another Bush. 

(I had a little emergency here with Mom, she fell asleep standing and took a tumble. Forgot I was writing this reply till now. )

No problem, thanks

2. GA Anderson profile image88
              GA Andersonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh my! Just stating a fact are you? Sounds more like an opinion to me. And one I disagree with.

I do know that even now there are still credible voices on both sides of the "Reaganomics" debate. And both of us can find credible opinions in line with ours, so I won't enjoin a links war with you. But, here are two statements that I think are true;

1. "...When President Reagan entered office in 1981, he faced actually much worse economic problems than President Obama faced in 2009.  Three worsening recessions starting in 1969 were about to culminate in the worst of all in 1981-1982, with unemployment soaring into double digits at a peak of 10.8%.  At the same time America suffered roaring double-digit inflation, with the CPI registering at 11.3% in 1979 and 13.5% in 1980 (25% in two years). " (From a Fobres article)

2. "...-- the United States experienced the longest sustained peacetime prosperity in its history." (PBS article about Reagan's time in office)

My point being that even the Bluest of Reagan opponents would have a hard time discrediting either factually.  So stick an "I think" in there or gird for a new Reagan thread.

ps. I recently heard a new definition for statisticians and graphists that agrees with my thoughts about "fact" battles;
              "A  statistician is someone that can draw a straight line between an assumption and a foregone conclusion.
              Sounds like to the old song about stats in general. You know the one.

GA

Everybody has a right to their own facts, GA, it just depends on which ones we cling to and which ones we choose to ignore.

It does not take too much digging on my part to find a lot not to like about the Reagan presidency... I can substantiate that too, if I must. I am aware of what Reagan faced when taking over from Carter, but this 2008 recession was unprecedented in my lifetime.

I have a lot of problems with Mr. Deficit spending, tax cut that I would have no trouble inviting you to fencing match over

C'est la vie, vive la difference!

1. GA Anderson profile image88
                  GA Andersonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Everybody has a right to their own facts..."

Are you sure about that? We all get our own facts?

Of course you can find a lot to not like, it's in your blue blood to think so, but can you find a lot to refute those two statements about Reagan? Regarding the severity of the two recessions they faced, what has that to do with the Reagan criticism you presented?

It seems that the "facts" are settled. It is only the ideological differences that you can realistically argue.

As to the match, you're on. But I will start it tomorrow, it is too late tonight.

GS

OK

2. Credence2 profile image78

Well GA, its 'High Noon" and I' m calling you out!

The statements that you presents as absolutes are like most debatable topics are relative.

Check this out, it may prove to be interesting springboard for our chat...

http://www.debate.org/debates/Ronald-Re … k-Obama/3/

3. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 8 years ago

Shouldn't all party leaders and presidential candidates be forced to take an intelligence and general knowledge test to weed out those most likely to cause harm to peace and global prosperity? Perhaps we wouldn't have had an illegal war in Iraq and all the resulting chaos in the Middle East.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I believe the intelligence test however , should be given to the voters .   I wonder when was,The Last Great Election , in America ?       I believe it was Ronald Reagan's ,    since then   we have gone downhill  quickly .     The voting public in America  is naïve ,  uninformed , unconnected to reality in political issues ,  most people don't know what's going on in the REST of the world   either.  It amazes me to  talk or listen to many younger people answering  questions about anything without parroting  an ideal or lame party line . .

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Most young people are more interested in voting items on Facebook or for some wannabes on TV talent shows. I think it remiss of education systems that school children are not routinely educated about basic economics, the theory of democracy or given an objective comparative study on the differences and similarities of political parties.

4. profile image0

Exactly ,    we are moving quickly away from an more intelligence driven   education system , towards one of selfish  origins ,  personal  entitlements  are the new result where personal  sacrifice  was the old ?

5. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12735112.jpg

Like memes with facts!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)