jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Will Terrorism Make Americans Curtail their Travel Plans

1. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 14 months ago

Will all the threats to America and its' citizens,should they change or curtail their travel plans?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 14 months ago

If we do, they win.  The best way to get revenge on the terrorists is to live in a free society - and thrive.

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 14 months ago in reply to this

And die? The funny thing about terrorism is that you never know where it will strike. Why take the chance?

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
        Kathleen Cochranposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Because it is the only way to defeat them.

We defeat them by addressing the issues rather than ignoring them in the hope destiny will not strike us. We don't seem to be able to do this with the hype and fear being spread by those who want to short cut this mess with more and more killing of innocents on both sides.

2. Credence2 profile image84
        Credence2posted 14 months ago in reply to this

RH, life itself is a risk, I could have a coronary, be struck by a bus any number of things where I could 'snuff it'.

I think that most common sense precautions are in order, I would not book a travel tour of Syria right now. But the odds are in your favor for safety in most societies not defined by war or extreme economic strife.

It is about the tenuous nature of life and living.

"so if that is all there is, then break out the booze and have a ball, if that's all there is...

I was referring to your statement of traveling to the middle east. This thing is going to blow up soon I fear and traveling now as in any time of preeminent war is a little fool hearty.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
          Kathleen Cochranposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Absolutely check State Department travel restrictions and use common sense.  That is not the same as cowering in fear.

2. kbdressman profile image92
      kbdressmanposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Rhamson, We've been hit on American soil as well as abroad.  If neither place is going to be safe, we may as well continue to enjoy traveling and "enjoy whatever time we have left."

working