What........IS, Part I

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 11 months ago

What liberalism/progressivism IS..........and what liberalism/progressivism ISN'T in the United States of America?   Liberals & progressives aren't a monolithic group.  There are so many misconceptions as to what Liberals & Progressives are & what they believe.    What are YOUR thoughts as to what liberalism/progressivism IS/ISN'T?   Do YOU contend that Liberals &/or Progressive are viewed negatively or are THEY the impetus which makes American culture & society a better society than what it would be?

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 11 months ago in reply to this

First, they are not necessarily the same. There are distinctions. Yes, some are a mix. Liberalism - liberty & equality, is a set of ideals based on the social contract. Progressivism seeks problem solving. Some progressives are center-right conservatives with a pragmatic view. They apply the progressive method while may be disjointed somewhat from liberal idealism. I may lean that direction. I have a pragmatic view with a background as a symbolic-interactionst as a sociological discipline.One may say my vote is sought since allegiance really is only declared with what is available on the form. Many will say I am wishy-washy too smile

1. gmwilliams profile image86
        gmwilliamsposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for responding!