jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

America's biggest enemy ......It's shameful media .

1. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 16 months ago

Agree or disagree ?

1. Credence2 profile image82
      Credence2posted 16 months ago in reply to this

Disagree, let your ideas and policies stand or fall in the light of scrutiny by the press. The only ones afraid of free and open dissemination of information as 'dangerous' is the Right.

ahorsebackposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Hogwash .

2. rhamson profile image75
      rhamsonposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I agree. It is shameful especially when you read about how the mainstream media manipulates and downright misleads stories to further a view. Bernie Goldberg outlined several instances in his book "Bias". Juan Williams was ostracized for intimately revealing his feelings he and many others have felt. The exploration of those feelings nipped in the bud with his firing. Dan Rather who was one of the subjects of Bernie Goldberg's book has been virtually banished for coming forth with damning stories of his reporting years with CBS. I give no quarter for Fox Snooze with their distortion mongering and bullcrap but once in a while they get it right. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. The list goes on and on as the election cycle will bring out the very worst in reporting facts and more interpreting them for us.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts."  Abraham Lincoln

I agree with Lincoln ;  but the media doesn't !

3. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I agree.  It is disappointing to not be able to believe the shameful news media.  I have to wonder if they have a mind to realize their bad behavior. Maybe their consciences have been seared? It happens! 

Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.  1 Timothy 4:2

4. parrster profile image85
      parrsterposted 16 months ago in reply to this

When I studied freelance journalism there was an emphasis on presenting facts and eliminating any personal bias, opinion or agenda from ones writing. Not sure what happened to that emphasis, seems to have been turned on its head. Mainstream media today is little more than a propaganda machine.

Agree a hundred percent .

working