Disconnect between Black Conservatives vs. GOP-Montel tells Fox

1. Credence2 profile image84
    Credence2posted 11 months ago

Montel Williams, television talk show personality, wrote an interesting piece that was, suprisingly enough, published in a Fox News Column.  It is quite eloquent and revealing.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/11/ … =permalink

The gist of it is as follows:

Williams told Salon that he “was thrilled that Fox agreed to run the piece as I’m sure it hasn’t gone over well with many. I’m about speaking truth and what I say has never changed based on the audience I’m speaking to.”

“I wrote this piece because I’m at my wits end with the GOP,” he added. “I still consider myself conservative, but I long ago abandoned the party because I could see it being dragged down a path of intolerance and I see no place for myself, as a black American in the GOP proper, much less one who refuses to tell women what to do with their bodies, one who is a proud but responsible gun owner, one who as a matter of faith and principle cannot abide bigotry whether it be toward Muslims, LGBT individuals or anyone else.”

It might explain why Black Conservatives are harder to find than Spanish Doubloons.