jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Pres.Obama's War on Terror .

1. ahorseback profile image55
    ahorsebackposted 10 months ago

His obvious political strategy  is to close the barn door long ,long , long after the horse is  not only gone   but has been replaced by the Trojan horse of  his professed humanity to  Muslim refugees .
    Most Americans know this truth ,What say you ?

By the way ,before you call this post  hypocrisy ,  know that most of America believes this .

1. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I am just as terrified as anyone about the fact of extremists coming here to perpetrate violence against innocents. But, I believe many of the refugees to be innocents. I don't see where we have a choice. Do we forego compassion? Do we give in to fear? What's the solution that takes into account the needs of those in need and also protects those of us already here? We cannot allow ourselves to turn our backs on those in need. America has a long tradition of being a safe harbor for refugees. We cannot, without losing a large part of what makes this country great, do nothing to help them.

1. ahorseback profile image55
        ahorsebackposted 10 months ago in reply to this

How about setting up refugee camps in their own countries protected by a coalition of military forces  .   Provide aid , money food water ,  leadership instead of reaction ?    How about keeping people in their own environment  where I'm sure they would rather be ? That requires true leadership  by some  instead of  negative reactions by all !

1. GA Anderson profile image86
          GA Andersonposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Have you give this "refugee camp" idea much thought ahorseback? From my perspective it is an extremely unrealistic choice on several levels.

One of the easier problems to look at would be the required logistics. Where would the aid, food, water, and energy needs of such camps come from? Would these oasis' of safety be supplied in a Berlin-airlift fashion? Or would their protective circles need to expand to also protect the supply lines needed to provide for these masses of folks?

Do you foresee their existence as a short-term need; weeks or months, or possibly long-term; years, or even decades?

What about the probability of infiltration? A hidden sword thrust into the back of the coalition defenders?

And on, and on...

The "refugee camp" idea is a great sound-bite, but I am thinking that if given a little more thought than just agreeing with something you heard - that is in your song book, even you would have a hard time defending the idea beyond your emotional endorsement.

Just sayin'

2. ahorseback profile image55
    ahorsebackposted 10 months ago

Actually No , It isn't a bad idea at all ,  I wish it was mine though , it would have been  far easier , cheaper , safer for the refugees and  better for the survival of their existing cultures ,to put up a no fly zone over the refugee camps , provide a coalition of forces to protect , feed , finance and contain .  How many thousands of people [refugees must die en-route to utopia  ? 

Just like here in the southern borders of America , how many must dehydrate to death ,  be exploited by drug and gang  and sex trafficking mules ?      It is in the eye's of liberalism  ,seen through rose colored glasses that romanticize   the journey of  old women and orphans , when it truth isn't it  Obama's  support "Arab Spring"  that has caused much of the heartache and  humiliation of mass refugees in Europe  ?

Just how many have died in route to Germany , Greece , Italy  , or wherever they are going .   Just how many , destroyed families  , disrupted economies ,how many   political divisions ,  how much suffrage does the left  require for political correctness ?   Either there  OR here .      Obama's failed military  strategies have had  a huge cause and affect .   His  freshman  control of  foreign policies , his activist  beliefs  and ideals have killed  thousands abroad .   

He is a fish out of water in Washington  and on the world stage  and the sad part is , even many  of those who voted for him know that!