Global Supermarkets Selling Shrimp Peeled by Slaves

1. rhamson profile image76
    rhamsonposted 10 months ago

"U.S. customs records show the shrimp made its way into the supply chains of major U.S. food stores and retailers such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, Whole Foods, Dollar General and Petco, along with restaurants such as Red Lobster and Olive Garden." [1]

Here is what bottom looks like. While the labor for this type of work has long since left the US, we are losing more and more jobs to this mentality among foreign labor markets and the giant corporations here in the US that support it. This race to the bottom has many pitfalls and devices.

[1] … s-35749754

1. Live to Learn profile image81
      Live to Learnposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I hate to point out the obvious, but people don't care. They want what they want, as cheap as they can get it so they can buy more stuff. They might bemoan your revelation, but only moments before they head to the Walmart to see if it's cheap enough to think they got a bargain.

2. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 10 months ago in reply to this

This is horrible news.  I read the article hours ago in your post.  I love shrimp and like eating some at least once a week.  Now, I will fast and pray during those weekly meal times.  This cruelty of the people who are being forced into slavery needs to stop. 

Thankfully, shrimp was only on my grocery list.
      Thankfully, I knew I was being called to prayer and fasting again. 
      I am giving up eating shrimp for those who are forced to clean it.