Maybe it should be called , Only Black Lives Matter ?.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

For the American  News Media ,

Not everyone seems willing to admit that racism is a double edged sword , Think about it ?    But here's the thing  , Do we hear the same  noise from the Hispanics in America ?     Are you seeing the same billion dollar  riots on Native American reservations ,     Anyone talked lately about  the  original " systematic " bias and hatred for Franco- Americans , how about my people The irish ?    The Italians ? Now here's one for you - the "Pollocks "   I honestly cannot say  that I've ever heard one group of people complain  as loudly  as in "Black Lives Matter " ,      And ALL of it flourished  , nourished and cherished by the P.C media !   

I can only imagine that the whole of the American Media  feels that it has a lot of apologizing TO do !   
    After all  , hasn't the media always been the worst perpetrator of bias and hatred in America to begin with ?
    Which edge of the sword to you sharpen ?

1. Live to Learn profile image58
      Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't think any reasonable person could argue that all lives don't matter. I also think we can all see the skin color of the majority of people in the videos depicting police violence and the incidents where people die in police custody, under very suspicious circumstances.

I think the gist of the Black Lives Matter movement is that we need to stand up for all citizens, when police abuse appears to be in play. Perhaps the Irish don't riot because all we have historically to go by is the 'paddy' wagon. I don't suppose there is any harm in giving a drunk a night in jail. As long as we can reasonably believe he will come out alive the next morning.

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

From what I have read the American MSM is losing viewers, so far by about 30% reported.  Funny that Fox News views are reportedly way up and rising while others are dropping.   The cause is that people can't rely on the news media to be in the know.  They are bias.     

People are going to alternative news channels and websites which are fast becoming the mainstream media of today.  I've been doing that for over two years already. 

Will the MSM clean up their act?  I think not, because they are so deep in their deceptions, that to turn in the right direction would be difficult. I doubt that they will apologize for their wrongs and correct it. 

BLM,  is a special interest group of the present administration and they get a free pass whenever they are rallied to be disruptive.  They are well funded and fill hotels and restaurants where protests are scheduled.

RIP: Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, and Eric Garner were not martyrs. They resisted arrest.  They did not deserve to die.  There are far more unborn babies being killed everyday by Planned Parenthood, but they ignore that.   There isn't a national conspiracy of police officers out to hunt down and kill blacks in America.  There are some bad cops.  But, there is a PP center in their neighborhoods that kills their unborn but those lives don't matter to BLM?... Those lives matter to me, they have a right to life.  But, that isn't the agenda is it! 

I could get behind BLM if they were heading in the right direction doing something that does matter. 

Thanks for starting this thread. Hopefully, it has helped to lesson the burden I carry by sharing my thoughts.

3. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Abusive police tactics and procedures that seem to be more prevalent within the black community sure be of concern for all other citizens, lest they be next.

This issue is valid whether the sound is leaf falling to the ground or a brass band. Having the movement commercialized doesn't make the underlying issue any less valid.

And yes, Virginia, there is racism at the crux of all of this.
      But, of course, I am speaking of thoughtful and reflective people.

1. colorfulone profile image78

Cred, I would like to hear your opinion on the Ku Klux Klan.  I know that it had political leaders as members from both sides of the fence. I think I remember that it was Republican Blacks who were killed by the KKK.  Now, would that be political or racism?  I can see it being called political-racism, but I see it as weighing heaver on the political scale than the racist scale. 

What I remember most about the KKK is my Dad's disgust.

Around here the KKK members were all democrats.

1. Alternative Prime profile image58
            Alternative Primeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

lol ~ Prove it ~

Even if it were true, those days are LONG Gone, just watch Congress today and INSPECT Rebublican Voting Reocrds ~ smile ~ Republican's are still Intolerant of Women's Rights and you actually think they are Racially Tolerant ?? ~  smile

2. Credence2 profile image79

Hopefully, you digged out of the storm by now?

What is the opinion of any black man regarding the Klan, with the noted exception of insane persons?

The issue yes, this comes up a lot with conservative folks, the Klan was an arm of the Democratic Party, that was a brooding ex-Confederacy bunch of resentful racists. But that was the 19th century, we are looking at the here and now.

The Dems changed their allegiance from a grubby southern rural political party to the bastion of Civil Rights and economic justice, or at least put forth a strong attempt. The national character of the Democrat party began to change with the election of FDR in 1932. Blacks changed their historical allegience from the GOP in favor of the Dems.

It took longer for the new Democratic party to make inroads into Southern States, but I will say by the election of Richard Nixon in 1968, with the application of the "Southern Strategy" the transformation was completed at the state and local level.

I tell conservatives all of the time, that 'time changes space'. What once was is no more and while I am aware of the reversed roles of the parties in times past, what we are concerned about is where these parties are today....

Richard Nixon, as bad as he was did do somethings good. 

This: what we are concerned about is where these parties are today....  EXACTLY!

If I registered to vote it would be Independent. Now, don't take that personally, because it certainly was not meant that way. 

Yes, I did get shoveled out and I took my sweet time at it.   smile

1. Credence2 profile image79

No offense taken, it is just that when we look at the parties today, the GOP is on the wrong side in my humble opinion.

Nixon had the making of a great president, few men were as well qualified with both legislative and executive experience to assume the office. Nixon did in Nixon with his distrust and suspicion of all around him and the 'system' generally.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12801297.jpg

I will admit that things can get confusing in politics.  Somethings just don't make any sense. 

The Mall of America did get a judge to block some members of the BLM organization from protesting on privet property. They can always go protest on public property which is only proper.  Violating a no trespassing order won't go well for them if they choose to go lay on the floor in front of a main entrance at a mall.  But, maybe some will go that far and get dragged or carried out. 

I remember in Fargo, ND, the Lambs of Christ chained themselves to vehicles in front of an abortion mill, naked.  They were dragged into jail without a fight, like lambs to the slaughter. 

Merry Christmas to ALL!  smile

Added:

"The judge’s ruling made it clear that, under Minnesota law and prior court decisions, protesters have no First Amendment right to protest on the Mall’s private property, saying that “established precedent is that owners of privately-held shopping malls, such as the MOA, may exercise their rights of possession and control over their private property to exclude from their private property political demonstrators, like the individual defendants here, who wish to engage in speech and expressive conduct on private property.”"

smile ~ And now you know one of the MANY Reasons WHY the Majority of Minorities such as African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Germans, Cubans, etc etc ALWAYS Vote DEMOCRATIC ~ Not only do Republicans espouse this knind of NONSENSE, they do it while TAKING from the Poor, Middle Class, and Upper Middle Class, then GIVE it ALL to Greed Driven Corporations and the WEALTHIEST Numbskulls ~

1. profile image0
                    jonnycomelatelyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The Greed Creed where Dog eats God for Supper and Feels Super.

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Naked in Fargo ND, must have been in the summer? The movie "Fargo" was great entertainment, the COLD was the star of the show.

Yes, it was summer.  I could hardly believe they did a naked protest chained to cars.  Knowing some of them personally...so humble and meek, they were passionate about stopping the murder of unborn babies.  Like I said before on this thread, I could get behind BLM if they protested the killing of unborn babies.  Naked or not! 

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12801325.jpg

I do not use the word "shame" but rarely.  I agree with Franklin Graham in this instance but I still will not utter the word to put that on either party. It could happen though because the corrupt political establishment is disgusting to me on both sides...they "schlonged" us all again. sad 

Franklin Graham announced he is leaving the Republican Party over the GOP-led spending bill passed last week, calling it “wasteful” and likening funding of Planned Parenthood to Nazi concentration camps.
                    I agree!

The GOP has sold out just like the Democrats did.
                    There's no difference.

4. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Black lives matter' nonsense is just infantile attention-seeking. Nothing more.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

BLM is about the extra risk black people and black communities suffer due to institutionalized racial bias.  It is a valid and statistically demonstrated phenomena distinct from the wider issues and requiring specific "fixes". Specifically bias training and not hiring officers fired for showing bias in other jurisdictions.

People wanting to address other issues can start their own groups.

Ingorance with regard to the FACTS, Historical Context, & Ignoring Racial Inequality is NOT uncommon for conservative republicans who have already Alienated Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, and just about EVERY other minority group of Human Beings who do NOT Forget the Bigoted Racist Republican Sentiment at Election Time ~

Its not about Republicans or Democrats at least it shouldn't be.  That is what is wrong with America its so divided, its just wrong.  A leader can unite or polarize a nation and Obama decided to polarize it. Its just wrong to pit one side against another...divided we fall...its a strategy of war.  Divide and conquer. 

Its not about racism.

Pay no attention to the paid by post attempts to sway opinion.

That's the best advice I've heard in the forums ever.  Thank you.

2. Alternative Prime profile image58

Of course the United States is DIVIDED ~ It's clearly DIVIDED Between Rich & Poor / Middle Class and Between Rural & City Dwellers and Minorities ~ the RICH & Rural being Republicans and the Poor / Middle Class,, Minorities, & City Dwellers Being Progressive Democrats ~ It's that simple ~

And NO President Obama did NOT Polarize this nation, Republicans went pathologically insane because AMERICA Elected an African American Chief Executive Officer, so in defense of what they considered an Appalling development, Republicans decided to "Morph" into "Congressional OBSTRUCTIONIST" which left our president no other choice but to get what he could get done for "We the People" using "Unilateral Authority" ~

P.S. to "Live to Learn" ~ If I were getting PAID to Comment, believe me, I wouldn't be doing it here ~ smile ~ I just enjoy EXPOSING CONservative Republican Propaganda & NONSENSE and that's ALL ~ smile

Just what a paid to post propagandist might say. smile

As SLOPPY and Dubious as their Comments are, I'm sure there are plenty of "Paid" Republicans around here, but this Progressive Democrat is "Pro Bono" baby ~ smile To use a Legal Term  smile

I'm afraid if you are going to use the pro bono label you then fall into the same category as the paid by post propagandist. You may not be paid but you are admitting to being a propagandist.

Same same.  smile

You know what "Live to Learn" ~ I'm sorry, I don't even know what the hell you're talking about half the time, just like colorfulone and her Ridiculous Little Right Wng Propaganda Links, but there's one thing I'm certain of, I've Touched a Nerve of TRUTH ~ smile ~

P.S. ~ You might want to "Live & Learn" the Definition of "Pro Bono"  ~ smile

2. LauraD093 profile image73
            LauraD093posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea what "Paid by post" even means and don't care. I come here to read varying views on political platforms-let's keep it to topic...ok?

3. profile image0

Colourful one, you seem to be fully polarised.  How could President Obama therefore unite you?  I do not know of any incidence where he has tried to divide your Nation.  Can you point to one?

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Black Lives Matter has been posting on Facebook and Twitter to plan a protest on Dec. 23rd at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN.  Authorities have filed for a restraining order to stop them.  On Dec.20th 2014 about 1,000 BLM protesters were in the MOA, some of the protesters were arrested for trespassing.  They were TRESPASSERS.  There was a decrease of about 24,000 guests on one of the biggest shopping days of the year...and a large lose of sales compared to the five years before on that same shopping day.

Anyway I slice this it adds up to power-hungry THUGS trespassing to disrupt commerce and more.  I'm all for forgiving anyone for their trespasses when they turn away from their wrong doings, but not when they carry-on like that.  I don't care what color people are, they will not get respect for being disrespectful from respectable people. 

ADDED:

People on Facebook are calling these protesters "domestic terrorists".

Sorry to disagree but we are supposed to be protected, by law,  to assemble peacefully in protest. I find it abhorrent that authorities would attempt to block a group's ability to protest.

If you felt strongly enough about an issue and wanted to protest would you think it was right for others to file restraining orders? It is wrong wrong wrong. Money may not have been able to be exchanged but is money the most important thing in America, or are American lives more important?

American lives matter much more than money to me any day.  I'm not at all in agreement with the commercialization of Christmas but millions of people are.  The Mall of America is the largest mall in America that people go to from all over the world...and their lives matter.

My point is BLM "trespassing to disrupt commerce"...there are laws that will prevail over a protest on commercial property.  They can protest on public property without infringing on buying and selling of goods in large quantities.  The shop owners' and the employees' lives at MOA matter too, not just BLM.  They don't seem to get it!

Oh. So we can protest when we like but getting in the way of  commerce is a definite no no. Gotcha. Disagree, but gotcha. It isn't so much that the shoppers lives matter. I don't think a protest puts their lives in jeopardy...but inconveniencing their ability to exchange money for goods warrants shutting down the ability of a group to stage a peaceful protest?

We can both see both sides.  I'm not arguing, just stating.  When a peaceful protest effects people's livelihood negatively I have to ask how business owners, employees and guests feel.  Were they caused anxiety or trepidation?  How much damage is done with the lose of 24,000 guests? Enough to file for a restraining order I guess.  Somehow, I just cannot justify a peaceful protest in a mall that causes adversity. 

To me its more of an organized anti-establishment protest in the MOA that causes misfortune for others. It doesn't unite people in peace.  It disturbs peace.  Just my thoughts.

1. Credence2 profile image79

It is only when the apple cart is 'rocked' that attention is paid to the issue. Getting the message across to the apathetic or complacent is not designed to be comfortable and convenient....

2. Live to Learn profile image58

Well, a protest is always going to disturb the peace, of some. I do sympathize to some extent. The mall owners didn't get caught on video killing people. The guests didn't either. But, I do think we have a very, very big problem with our police forces across the country. I do think they use excessive force and get away with it too often. I do think the violence perpetrated against black men who cross paths with the law is disproportionately high.

So, even though arguments can be made in defense of the police in most of these cases; we can't ignore the fact that they end up with the death of someone who, by all indications, did not deserve to die at that moment, for the particular chain of events we see video footage of.

Black Lives Matter is a positive movement, in my opinion and they have a strong message to share. I can understand why they stage protests so it is difficult for me to find reason to put the inconvenience of some, or the loss of income for others, above the valid complaints that people are dying for no better reason than that we refuse to hold our police accountable. It is a pity that we have to have protests in America to complain about police brutality that continues to go on.

If middle class and upper class America refuses to stop and think about the problem, the protests might give them cause to pause and wonder what others are so mad about. Where better to present your case than at a place where so many of them are going?

3. profile image0

Every once in a while I agree with your point of view Susie....and I do in this case

So what have we heard about the 5 white supremacist who shot and wounded people at one of the rallies in the Twin Cities? That is something that you need to be adamant about rather than the people in their right to peaceably assemble.

4. LauraD093 profile image73
    LauraD093posted 8 years ago

I am in agreement with those upset by the court orders blocking "peaceful" protest. Although it is widely agreed among whites as well as all minorities that the media is slanted.BLM is an earnest attempt to enact change but All Lives Matter would have been more unifying in my opinion. If unity is to be achieved separation of one particular group out from the "pack," is immediately making it about racism and not injustice. The supremacist who kills will always get more media coverage then say a black female mowing down a white mother of three. Why? Because the media is set-up to be exploitative it is the nature of the beast-it isn't about rights or color (except maybe green) it is about ratings and the revenue it generates. Ask yourself this-if the media had been given the chance would the hanging of African American's in the 40's-50's and 60's been televised? Would we have watched? Yes I believe white,black,brown etc. I think we would have been glued to the screen. When we slow down to view a accident on the highway is that motivated by racism? No it is the need in many to have a taste of horror. it was by no accident that the media adopted the term years ago, "If it bleeds it leads!"

5. colorfulone profile image78

BREAKING NOW...'Black Lives Matter' have forced The Mall of the Americas to go into lockdown. In my opinion ALL those who take part in this crap need to be arrested and spend Christmas in jail! I am so sick and tired of these people behaving badly and their nonsense.

Guess who is funding BLM...George Soros.
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/1105/gues … es-barrett

Same guy who pulls Obama's strings. sad

They are acting like domestic terrorist. (maybe its not an act)

6. colorfulone profile image78

Hamas-front CAIR, ISNA, NIAC, NAIT, MSA, BPP and the Muslim Brotherhood tie-up with the cop-killing inciting Black Lives Matter.   

I guess that pretty much says it all! 
    The fact is Mike Brown was reaching for an officer's gun.

Yale now has a Islamic Law Center, $10 million donated by a wealthy Saudi.  As if Skull and Bones wasn't enough of a dark cloud.

7. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 8 years ago

The only racism I see these days is against white folks.  Period.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow , is that ever true !

2. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 8 years agoin reply to this

yep

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)