jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

As South Africa is preparing

1. Maryke van Rensbu profile image60
    Maryke van Rensbuposted 8 years ago

for a new president I would like to just say the following.

The man that's most likely going to be our new president has more than a hundred fraud accusations against him.

He has been in court for rape and when asked why he had sex with a HIV+ women, he answered that he wasn't worried because he took a shower afterwards.

So, in my heart I am wishing for some kind of miracle that will prevent his party from winning.

1. earnestshub profile image89
      earnestshubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

He sounds terrible. Are these accusations true or are they political as in the case of Malaysia's opposition leader?
      Can you tell me more please.

2. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

My cousin (who was visiting back in December 2007) was telling me this and I laughed so hard I thought it was a joke.

I asked repeatedly if it was true. I couldn't believe it. But apparently it was said publicly.

2. Maryke van Rensbu profile image60
    Maryke van Rensbuposted 8 years ago

In our country the truth is in the eyes of the beholder.

Whether the fraud cases against him is true, we as South Africans, will never know.  Because of pressure from the ruling party the National Prosecutor has dropped the investigation.  And this just before the elections.

If this party wins and if they have a two third majority they will be able to change the law - which they are planning - which will prevent any president from being prosecuted while serving as President of the country.  So he will be free.

3. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Earnest, there is the saying, no smoke without a fire.  Jacob Zuma has been swamped by controversy his entire political career and has skirted between politics and crime for many years and always gets away with it.  Once twice, maybe three times a coincidence, but all the allegations over the years, can't be coincidence.  It's not all political rape charges and stuff.

1. earnestshub profile image89
      earnestshubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks cindyvine, you have sparked an interest in me to know more.
      Africa does not need another despot.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Kinda reminds me of da rez tongue

working