jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

BEYONCÉ...Why is everyone so angry?

1. CCgirl profile image80
    CCgirlposted 16 months ago

Curious to hear all
    Of your  thoughts on the recent doc is placed on Beyoncé and her views and the Black Lives Matter movement?  Did she take it too far with her supposed Black Panther attire at the super bowl?  Do her video and lyrics support violence against police?  Thoughts?

Racist comments and racial slurs are not welcome. If that's your style please don't respond?

1. PrettyPanther profile image84
      PrettyPantherposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I don't understand the backlash.  None of that stuff even occurred to me while I was watching the show.  Besides, regardless of her intent, she is an artist and entitled to express her point of view in her art.

Yeah, I know, some people will take issue with the term "artist."

CCgirlposted 16 months ago in reply to this

PrettyPanther, I didn't see all of that either.  After the fact I did watch the video for the song and to be honest sinking a police cruiser may have been a bit much.  However, it's not any worse than statements made by many other musicians/artists.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 16 months ago

Because the huddled masses needed something stupid to get angry about around the office coffee maker on Monday morning.

CCgirlposted 16 months ago in reply to this

Agreed FatFreddysCat.  I hadn't even watched the new video but after all the craziness curiosity got the best of me.  Free publicity for Beyoncé.

working