jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

US Presidential Election-Sell Your Candidate Briefly

1. Elesh profile image87
    Eleshposted 8 months ago

As the much talked about  US election approaches, political parties and politicians are changing tactics  ahead the D-day. Campaign Managers are also developing new ways of doing more mind work on American citizens.

Some of the folks who are friends to us may even stop talking to you if you choose not to key into their candidate's proposed policies. Just before you say Trump! Ted! Hilary!,etc, tell us in 2 sentences why you think we have to vote a candidate perhaps this will guide people who are yet to make a choice.

1. PrettyPanther profile image88
      PrettyPantherposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Two sentences is a challenge!  I am voting for Bernie Sanders because he has been a consistent champion for progressive causes for many years and is running a campaign without huge corporate donations or PAC money.  I agree with Senator Sanders' position on almost all economic and social issues, and like his aversion to sending our military to foreign countries to fight their wars for them.

1. rhamson profile image76
        rhamsonposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Yeah, he looks pretty good to me as well. I don't neccesary fall on the left nor progressive but his approach makes sense to me.

2. Elesh profile image87
        Eleshposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Great! But how concerned are you concerning that fact that the d-day is fast approaching and Sanders' doesn't  seem to be climbing much up. Or don't you believe in the pre-election votes?

2. Live to Learn profile image81
    Live to Learnposted 8 months ago

I like two candidates, because they are the only two who appear to want to run not simply because they want to be called the president. They appear to want to serve the people, but I'd only vote for one of them. Sanders, as admirable as his passion is, couldn't accomplish anything he wants to fight for.

Kasich would make a great president, by what I've seen and learned so far. Moderate, fiscally responsible, has a history of reaching across the aisle to accomplish things for his constituency and he seems to be truly a nice guy. Like Sanders. I'm sure I'll find out something to make me less supportive; but, all the other candidates in the field are so far below them in statesmanship (or stateswomanship) that I see no comparison.