jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

God I miss Ronald Reagan ............

1. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 7 months ago

Anyone who loves his country and a true leader  with  "manners ",  whether you are right or left ,   misses  Reagan !    I cannot believe the idiocy  in the  behavior  of almost every candidate today !  Trump ,   Cruz , Rubio ,   Hillary !  OMG  , what has happened to America ?     Reagan was the last gentleman leader in America ?

1. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 7 months ago in reply to this

He was the great communicator and the beginning of the end for raising taxes on the middle and lower class as well as a deficit junkie who started this whole farce of voodoo economics in trickle down economics. A likable guy none the less.

2. jackclee lm profile image78
      jackclee lmposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Reagan was the greatest president of the last century. He was the last president that received 49 of 50 states in 1984 his second term. How far has our country moved into a divided nation? It is no thanks to Clinton, Bush or Obama. With each administration, they have divided the US more and more... Reagan was a Conservative but he worked with Congress and got things done. He broke the back of the Soviet Union without firing one shot. He started the missile defense system "star wars" that are in effect today helping Israel prevent missile attacks from it's enemies. He was demonized to this day by the far left. They don't realize their real problem is with their own policies. Liberalism will lead us to Greece. Peace through strength was his motto. God Bless RR.

3. colorfulone profile image85
      colorfuloneposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Yes, he was a gentleman. But, they tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan, who must have had guarding angels protecting him. 

His speech  "A Time for Choosing" is as valid today as it was then.  Everyone should hear it or read it as a warning if they haven't already or recently.

4. Credence2 profile image86
      Credence2posted 7 months ago in reply to this

I won't comment on how great he was, but compared to the current GOP crop, of course, he would be heads and shoulders above. But, a lot has changed since the 1980's and decreasing civility in politics is one of the casulties. Tip O'Neill and Reagan worked together more effectively than any house speaker and  president, today.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image85
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 months ago

Have you forgotten how disrespectful he was of the then sitting President during the campaign?  Manners?  "There you go again!" to the President of the United States.  That is when Reagan began losing me.  At 27, even I thought he was shameless.