jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Napolitano to Veterans Groups: "I'm sorry".

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

Here's a newsworthy event that can only be put on a forum. Here's the apology to veterans' groups issued by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. According to Napolitano's statement, "We connected MEANINGFULLY about the important issues that have emerged over recent days and I offered him MY SINCERE APOLOGIES for any offense to our veterans caused by this report".

In response, David Rehbein, national commander of the American Legion said: "She was very sincere. She distinctly used the words 'I'm sorry' And to me, that says that's sincere apology. Her body language, everything about the first few minutes of the meeting, told me that this was A SINCERE APOLOGY COMING FROM HER HEART".

There are only 2 opinions here, the person who made the controversial statements and the person forgiving her. So we have to question the reliability of this apologetic statement/gesture.

1. RKHenry profile image80
      RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It was SO foolish for them to mess with America's veterans.  Foolish!  I wonder if there is a hit on her head now.  I betcha there is.  Foolish, foolish, dangerously foolish move.  She must not be from a Military family.

2. Make  Money profile image70
    Make Moneyposted 7 years ago

Napolitano is a nut as far as I'm concerned.  She apologized to the veterans but what about all the other people she lumped into the category of being a "rightwing extremist".  Obama should dump her.

Here's what the president of the American Legion says about her.

We started a thread about this 6 days ago here,

3. ledefensetech profile image81
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

We had a similar flap here in Missouri with the new Democratic governor.  The Highway Patrol put out a similar report, I'm not sure if they used info from Homeland Security.  You can find some of it reported here:http://axiomamuse.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/missouri-highway-patrol-retracts-miac-report/. 

What is it with Dems wanting to go after right wingers?  Is it going to be like McCarthy and the Red Scare?  The scary thing is that this is the way these people think and they're in charge of the police and military.