jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Bernie,Get OUT of the Presidential Race,Please! Hillary is THE WINNER!

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12746527_f520.jpg
    According to recent polls, Hillary Clinton is far ahead of Bernie Sanders while Bernie is falling way behind.   It is woefully apparent that Americans clearly aren't sure of nor ready for Bernie Sander's leftist brand of politics.  Even though Hillary is considered a liberal politically, she is more moderate than Bernie is.   Also Hillary has more political clout than Bernie does, being a political insider.  Should Bernie concede defeat and drop out of the presidential race altogether?  It seems that despite what Bernie does now, he doesn't have a snowball's hell of chance of winning the Democratic Presidential race!  Your thoughts on this.

1. Credence2 profile image84
      Credence2posted 14 months ago in reply to this

It is not over till it is over, Grace. Bernie should stay in the race till the bitter end and, at a minimum, force Hillary to make concessions to her leftside flank. One example, such as having an uncompromising Senator like Liz Warren as her running mate.

Hillary Clinton has high negatives, I still believe that Bernie is the best candidate to beat Trump next fall.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
        gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago in reply to this

We know that Hillary has high negatives; however, unfortunately, she has political clout being a Clinton as her husband was formerly a president.  She knows the ins & outs of politics.  She is a centralist liberal.  She is also a.....woman.   Many people are seeing beyond Bernie Sanders & vouching for Hillary because of the fact that she is a woman.  Hillary is the new flavor as she is a woman & will go further on Obama's sociopolitical program than is imagined.  Also the Democratic politics are rooting for Hillary big time.  Hillary is the tried & true Democratic while Bernie is a virtual unknown.    Hillary will probably win the Presidency in November( I have a sense that she will) unless Trump really trumps it all.  People are getting restless.....very restless indeed.

That political clout might not be enough. Hillary is just another politician, while Bernie represents a movement and excitement of many demographics that otherwise may dangerously sit this election cycle out. We are going to need excitement to insure that Trump is swept away.

1. Alternative Prime profile image88
            Alternative Primeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Actually, Hillary is the most Qualified Presidential Candidate this country has seen in a very long time ~ Everyone runs for office is essentially a politician, including the one who is adamant about his claims that he's not, "Hair PLUGz" Trump who is as Politically Motivated as the next person ~

I hear you AP, but I am still 'feeling the Bern'. Regardless, I will support Ms. Clinton if she gets the nomination over any Republican.

2. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 14 months ago

I think Bernie will stay in the race, he should at this point.  Anything can happen. 

Kasich is the one who should drop out because its mathematically impossible for him to win.

1. Alternative Prime profile image88
      Alternative Primeposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Just like Bernie might remain, Kasich & Cruz are more than likely in it til' the Convention ~ Delegates or NOT, they understand for a MOUNTAIN of Obvious Reasons, CON-Man Trump was Disqualified LONG Ago & will NEVER be the Nominee for the GOP ~ Who knows, the "Donald" might even be in PRISON or a Straight JACKET before then ~

If you honestly think they will allow this Ugly Obscene Idiot anywhere near the "NUKE Button" in OUR White House, I've got a few Tickets to the lovely "Trump University" I'd like to sell U at a VERY DEEP Discount ~ It includes a couple Bottles of "Trump WINE", better known as Bitter Sparkling Grape Juice smile ~ smile

Watch the ENTIRE Vid, it's nothing less than appalling ~ sad sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZcuWba_HgU

3. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 14 months ago

Both Clinton and Sander are people to be afraid of ... because they both would put coal miners and coal companies out of business.  They advocate eliminating our most reliable electric power grind, and we all know how valuable electricity is to life.  For anyone on a fixed income, low cost reliable electricity is needed without a doubt.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 14 months ago in reply to this

It's not just those on a fixed income that needs low-cost electricity - everybody does.  From the smelting plant producing steel (that builds the trucks that deliver your food) to Google with it's massive server system to the cannery that's putting your beans in the can you buy - the entire country absolutely depends on low cost power. 

Ever see a picture of the US at night? 
      http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/22/article-2237079-162B35F0000005DC-581_964x520.jpg

Take away cheap power and those street lights go dark.  Stores close early.  Electric homes can't afford heat any more.  The shift towards electric, more efficient, non-polluting cars reverses and we go back to pumping pollutants into the atmosphere.  The cost of everything (hospital stay, for instance) takes a big jump.

4. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 14 months ago

I don't see why Bernie drop out until he is forced to. After all, this is his last hurrah and something to be proud of in his long career.

working