The Military Draft May Soon Include Women

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 months ago

The push for gender equality in the military just moved one step closer after the House Armed Services Committee approved a measure Wednesday that would require women to register for the military draft.
    The current law dictates that all men aged 18 to 26 are required to register for the draft with the Selective Service System. The decision to exclude women dates back to 1981, when the Supreme Court ruled that women would not take part in the draft since they were left out of combat roles as well. … id=UE07DHP
    I bet there are plenty of men wanting this! wink

1. Credence2 profile image85
      Credence2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Some of us from the old school lament the passing of the days chivalry and such from men toward women.

But that has to give way to the modern and our throughly modern maidens have earned the right to be treated equally in all aspects of American life and that means assuming equal responsibilities and obligations, with the accompanying rights and privileges. Because, you will never have the respect of the men if you don't. 

I don't know how much we WANT it, more than it is the only fair solution.

2. rhamson profile image76
      rhamsonposted 6 months ago in reply to this

It should include congressman's kids as they seemed to be able to deftly avoid it as they were taking everybody else when I was required to register.