Hillary’s Latest Scandal: She And Bill Siphoned $100 Mil From Mideast

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

Scandal: A new investigation reveals that Bill and Hillary Clinton took in at least $100 million from Middle East leaders. Can such a financially and ethically compromised candidate truly function as our nation’s leader?

The investigation by the Daily Caller News Foundation has uncovered a disturbing pattern of the Clintons’ raising money for the Clinton Foundation from regimes that have checkered records on human rights and that aren’t always operating in the best interests of the U.S. By the way, the $100 million we mentioned above doesn’t appear to include another $30 million given to the Clintons by two Mideast-based foundations and four billionaire Saudis.
    http://www.investors.com/politics/edito … f-leaders/
    Donations buy access and influence foreign policy

1. Quilligrapher profile image73
      Quilligrapherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The same old batch of Slingers, a new batch of Mud!
      http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13018134.jpg
      First, let’s be clear about who is making the accusation and the exact nature of the “investigation.”

The Daily Caller News Foundation was co-founded by Neil Patel, an adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, and by Tucker Carlson, currently an employee of Fox News. {1}

The “investigation,” according to the Daily Caller’s account, consisted of reading the public disclosures found on the Foundation’s Contributor and Grantor information page and selecting only the Middle East governments from the roster. Neither proof of malfeasance nor evidence of trading favors for donations was uncovered by this “investigation.” {2}

The William J. Clinton Foundation was created by former President Bill Clinton in 2001. The name was changed to Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation in 2013 after Hillary began promoting its global projects.

The Clintons have received billions of dollars through the years to fund their nonprofit philanthropy for global development. Their projects have formed partnerships with  governments, non-government organizations and scores of businesses to become a powerful force in the battles against many quality-of-life issues like AIDS, poverty and climate change.

About 9000 contributors, by my count, are listed on the foundation’s website in various ranges below $10,000 and another 2300 make up the ranges above $10,000. Bill and Melinda Gates,  Leonardo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz, businesses like eBay and Pepsi, and an assortment of other nonprofit foundations are among them. Nineteen (19) are foreign governments, six (6) of which contributed to the foundation in 2014 (Germany, Canada, Australia, Oman, United Arab Emirates, and Saudi Arabia) and just three (3) of those are in the Middle East. Algeria, according to a spokesman, made only one donation specifically for earthquake relief in Haiti and it has not contributed again. {3}

Further, the Clinton Foundation’s database indicates 25 donors contributing $5 million or more during its entire existence, only six of which are foreign governments.

By the way, to make good mud you have to add a little water to the dirt. To be a good political mudslinger you have to add a little fact to the misleading rhetoric. The last sentence in the OP’s statement makes perfect mud for slinging: 

"Donations buy access..."

Donations do buy access. That is a fact, although, foreign governments have ambassadors with 24/7 access to State Department officials, so they do not need to buy access.

"...and influence foreign policy.”

Sorry, that is not a fact, just an insinuation. Naturally, if there is no proof, the mudslingers are happy to settle for speculative innuendo that is designed to spread suspicion. But, their mud is really just plain old mud, perfect for pigs and politics.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg
      {1} https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily … cal_stance
      {2} https://www.clintonfoundation.org/contr … 2410%2C000
      {3} http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … s-foundat/

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but there are many sources saying the same thing..
        I don't post articles that  I necessarily agree with,I post to start a conversation.All the articles I found are from different sources.

http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foundati … nt-1934187
        http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politic … 82695.html

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/sta … ntries-go/

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/expo … 0-million/
        http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-clin … lected-no/

1. profile image0
          promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Politifact and McClatchy are the only credible sources on that list. McClatchy shows contributions from four U.S. allies in the Mideast. Politifact quotes the RNC chairman.

Should the Clintons accept money from U.S. allies or not? Should we believe the RNC chairman?

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Lundin Group Commits $100 Million to Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative
      https://www.clintonfoundation.org/main/ … le-gr.html

A little known Swedish-Canadian oil and mining conglomerate human rights groups have repeatedly charged produces “blood minerals” is among the Clinton Foundation’s biggest donors, thanks to a $100 million pledge in 2007, a Daily Caller News Foundation investigation has found.

“Blood minerals” are related to “blood diamonds,” which are allegedly mined in war zones or sold as commodities to help finance political insurgencies or despotic warlords.

When the Vancouver, Canada-based Lundin Group gave its $100 million commitment to the “Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative,” the company had long been cutting deals with warlords, Marxist rebels, military strongmen and dictatorships in the war-torn African countries of Congo, Sudan and Ethiopia.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/24/exclu … rals-firm/

3. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Choosing one of these candidates over the other is as usual a pinch your nose and vote endeavor. They are both as reprehensible as they come and I find no benefit to the country. One won't tell you how they will accomplish the outlandish promises made while the other is a chameleon adopting anything the people may like as their platform. Nothing will change and by the mere effort that invokes things will only get worse.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

Dear Clinton Foundation,

Could you toss a 100K my way?

Sincerely,

Paradigmsearch

3. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 7 years ago

I don't think there is any president that has not profited from middle east countries. The Bush family not only had business ties to rich Arab countries. They were also in contact with taliban leaders, and their umbrella corporation made billions of dollars off the war in Iraq when gas went up to $4.00 a gallon after 911. Haliburton also made billions of dollars off the reconstruction in Iraq, and is probably still making billions while work is being done there.

The bush family also had ties to the Bin Ladden family, and received money from them on both the bush campaigns. It was president Bush Senior and President Reagan that helped Sadam come to power in Iraq, so that they could keep an eye on Iran.

Sadam had stockpiles of American currency, and nobody knows where is came from or what happened to it after it was found. Some 800 billion dollars. Rumor is that is somehow ended up in the hands of haliburton. And, I wonder who was in charge of that company. Not the Clintons.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

Operative word here is "latest".  Someone somewhere has a pipeline full of accusations that has been spewing them out, one after the other, for 30 years.   I'm sure they will keep coming long after she's won this election because she's never been convicted of any of them.  But they do what they are intended to to: keep the American people suspicious of her.  Isn't it about time we start being suspicious of the source of them?

5. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS THAT PAID HILLARY CLINTON FROM 2013-2015
    The total comes to $21.7 million (Its a long list)
    How corporate America bought Hillary Clinton for $21M
    * http://nypost.com/2016/05/22/how-corpor … n-for-21m/

Dirty Politics?

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh stop that now , Its just the Clinton Mafia doin' a deal !

2. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Susie, don't you just LUV scandal? 

I am not for one moment saying any or all of it is true or untrue.  Just that to spread scandal is a cheap, nasty, unintelligent, corrosive practice that's designed to stir up BS and leave people with doubts, regardless of authenticity.

Keep going.  You will earn a great reputation.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you don't understand the American legal system; but I doubt it is much different from the legal system of many democratic nations. Our laws began with English law. English common law does still take precedent in many cases.

The law is arguable, at every point. Some may never be convicted of a crime although their actions are less than moral. That is why we are over run with lawyers. To allow the rich to do as they please and claim it is OK because it is legal. Legal and ethical or right are not synonymous.

1. profile image0
          jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't have sufficient knowledge to answer those suggestions, but if you look into this Hub, https://toughnickel.com/personal-financ … ollectors,  which has gone into the thousands of postings, you will see the evil disregard for fair play among those debt collectors... all supported by dodgy lawyers.  I don't think this can be laid at the feet of laws derived from the English system; it seems to have taken on a different flavour.   Also, from my perspective, there does seem to be some over-riding Federal protection, but each State has its own specific jurisdiction. 

Anyway, my point is that corruption abounds and many of them apparently get away with it.

Have a read and let me know your impressions.

6. Oztinato profile image77
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

More smear from tea party media.
    Still no follow up on the news that Trump is accused of raping an underage girl.
    Maybe a lot of hush money was paid by Trump.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Interesting. I just looked up information on that. She filed a lawsuit with no lawyer. And there is no indication that there is a police investigation into the allegations. That seems incredibly odd to me. Wouldn't the police be concerned if a 13 year old girl had been raped? Is there some statue of limitations involved?

It seems highly unlikely that a high profile person such as Donald Trump could be accused of such without lawyers salivating at the chance to get in on that. He is rich. If true, the payout could be enormous. But, she files a lawsuit with no lawyer.

Very, very odd. Since no lawyers are involved I would think she has no evidence to back up this claim. If it is true, I hope the guilty parties pay the price for the act. If she is lying and simply attempting to make a quick buck; I hope she gets back 10 fold the misery she is willing to cause.

1. Oztinato profile image77
        Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The thing is it's been buried by the media while something about democrat emails is hammered. Emails vs rape??
        My hunch is that more will happen as the campaign heats up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)